• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I want to drop english advanced should i? (1 Viewer)

sexyfella

HSC
hi iam new to this forum and have looked at different threads of the same topic or which was related to my question just in case one would tell me to look first instead of opening up a new thread (happened in alot of other forums) anyhow i am doing English advance and i am doing bad in it like iam ranked last in the class so i am thinking quite a lot about it whether or not to drop to standard but i cant decide so i wanted to know from others here in the forum if i should also if useful the subjects i am doing are
Business studies
Economics
Legal studies
Maths 2 unit and Ancient history though iam going to drop it in yr 12 anyway
so please ill be thankful for your answers as they will hopefully help me with decision and my aim is to get an ATAR of 80-90 maybe higher but well see

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
What mark are you usually getting for your english assessments right now?

sexyfella

HSC
around 50 % or lower but i am doing really well in my other subjects

bec-08

HSC
I don't know if this will help but I dropped from advanced at the beginning of the year cause well i sucked at it and I struggled to understand my teacher in advanced. I'm now ranked first in standard english and have got full marks on almost all my english assessments and have even got higher marks than some of the students in advanced in the assessments that correspond. I think its better to be at the top of standard than at the bottom of advanced. However i have no idea how this will affect your ATAR, you may want to talk to a teacher about that. Hope that helps wish i had someone to tell me to drop ite earlier it was the best thing i did

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)