Ideas for Otherness (1 Viewer)

only99.97

HSC
Hi all, I have an assignment for English and I have to write based on the theme of Otherness that's possibly not something stereotypical like something on race/gender. Any ideas?

only99.97

HSC
What text/s is this for?
Anil's Ghost but it doesn't really help that much knowing it is. I just need to incorporate a different form within the creative like a poem, and use some techniques in Anil's Ghost such as the generic ones like tone, mood, imagery etc.

idkkdi

HSC
Hi all, I have an assignment for English and I have to write based on the theme of Otherness that's possibly not something stereotypical like something on race/gender. Any ideas?
multiple personality disorder

Lazzzzzyyyyyy...

HSC
You could set it during a historical conflict, a better one in my opinion would be a less well-known event (i.e. don't pick a world war or smth like that). And whatever conflict you pick would have 2 sides (in most cases), and the rest is self-explanatory. I think this would be a slightly more complex way to handle simple 'otherness' concepts like race/socio-economic status etc. (that was the advice I received when I did a very similar assessment last year). You could also pick something really simple and draw it out, like through values e.g. someone who values education over someone who doesn't and show them working past their differences and in doing so, show the breaking down or complexities of those values. If you want to go the extra mile, you could also include some larger message or commentary about, perhaps about the way society deals with whatever 'other' you're portraying or something relevant about the human condition. Feel free to PM for any more questions :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)