If you fail Trials, does that mean ur hsc is over? (1 Viewer)

!! AAA !!

Jackanator87
HSC
i think i failed 2 out of my 6 subjects..does that mean its too late to catch up now?
i do physics, chem ipt, english, and ext 1 math (i think i failed chem and ext 1, estimating 40% in each)

Last edited:

!! AAA !!

Jackanator87
HSC
miss_gtr said:
whats ur definition of failing?
well if ur on 6 subs im guessing ur on 12 Units, so technically u will of onli failed one subject that counts. the hsc is worth 50% so u can make up a lot of ground if u do well.
if u have failed the trials, like failed.. as in below 30%.. then maybe you should think about the hsc.. are u serious about it etc. cuz if ur screwing up your trials then i dont think your all that serious about it.
but if failing in your term means its not as high as you thought you woulda done.. then it may become a "wee bump" in your marks, but certainly doesnt mean you have failed.
i am saying if i started studying really hard now. is it too late since my assessment mark are pretty low, and i do 11 unit, Math ext 1 is 1 unit

Mandy101

HSC
It's never too late. It sounds like a cliche, but its so true. Try hard for your HSC exam, and you'll be able to pick your marks up significantly if you go well.

HSC
the girl at our school who got 97 UAI (she came in last week) she got average 50s, 60s she said she just borderline passed subjects, and she said trials are not the HSC, they are what they are called, trials, they are meant to point out what you are good and bad at, thats all they are there for

Tingaling

HSC
...*sigh* .. still seems quite scary to know that i just finished everything on time.. in the trials.. assuming that the hsc isnt like the trials.. maybe same period of time... but less content??

Kabeio

k.
HSC
Casmira said:
the girl at our school who got 97 UAI (she came in last week) she got average 50s, 60s she said she just borderline passed subjects, and she said trials are not the HSC, they are what they are called, trials, they are meant to point out what you are good and bad at, thats all they are there for
i bet she had a high rank on top of those marks anyway

bumbo_hippo

HSC
my maths teacher wanted to c me..right afta my maths trialz...
which was on monday...and she told my friend to tell me...

im skared of wat she mite tell me...
i failed and i cant do anything bout it...so i get da fuk out of high skool?!
sigh...

Tingaling

HSC
dont be scared, face your fears..(what your teacher gona say) .. arh.. =0=" im not so great a help here.. just droping randoms...

*currently studying for my bio. trials .. for 2morrow...=0= how exciting..(better then chem though..hohoho ^0^*

bumbo_hippo

HSC
Tingaling said:
dont be scared, face your fears..(what your teacher gona say) .. arh.. =0=" im not so great a help here.. just droping randoms...

*currently studying for my bio. trials .. for 2morrow...=0= how exciting..(better then chem though..hohoho ^0^*

so if i failed like my trialz wat not...
for maths...and my assessment marks r like shit as hell....
can i still pass maths?
and if i drop to general...wel does dat realli affect me?

yea im studying for bio too...blue print of life confuse me...

santaslayer

HSC
bumbo_hippo said:
so if i failed like my trialz wat not...
for maths...and my assessment marks r like shit as hell....
can i still pass maths?
and if i drop to general...wel does dat realli affect me?

yea im studying for bio too...blue print of life confuse me...
It's about ranks and the difference in scores, not marks. You can fail and still get a sexy UAI if you're still highly ranked.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
!! AAA !! said:
i think i failed 2 out of my 6 subjects..does that mean its too late to catch up now?
i do physics, chem ipt, english, and ext 1 math (i think i failed chem and ext 1, estimating 40% in each)
First of all, you need to fix your attitude problems.

I bet you anything in the world that when you got owned by assessments, you swore that you will redeem yourself in the trials.

Then you get lazy and get caned by trials. Now you're desperate for assurance that you can still make it up in the HSC.

Just study, for God's sake.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Argonaut said:
I believe his attitude was one of "I'll just cruise on through the Trials. I'm not gonna give it 100%, I'll just burn out before the HSC." Well surprise, surprise, he's now reaping what was sown.
!!!AAA!!!, you probably should have listened to this guy in your trials thread instead of trying to kick him out... :rolleyes:

bumbo_hippo

HSC
santaslayer said:
It's about ranks and the difference in scores, not marks. You can fail and still get a sexy UAI if you're still highly ranked.
right now..im not worried bout my UAI...
im worried if i can graduate or not...

HSC
I reckon its best to give the trials all you got, then you find your weakness, work on them, then you should kill the HSC! but you dont know your weaknesses unless you study your ass off for each topic

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
i did shitty in my trials and i always get high marks for most of my assessments
so is it shitty to get a bad uai or good

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
bitchgirl said:
i did shitty in my trials and i always get high marks for most of my assessments
so is it shitty to get a bad uai or good
Ah, it's shitty to get a bad UAI. Did you really need to ask that?

I assume you were wondering if your apparently-crap trial marks will jeopardise your chances of getting a high UAI.

Trials are usually worth 40%, while assessments vary - they're always worth less than the trials though, so I'd say yes, if you got screwed over by your trials, you'll probably get a lower UAI than you hoped with all those impressive assessment marks.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
It depends on how well everyone else in your class did as well.
If you did well in your previous assessments, then you don't have too much to worry about. Focus on the HSC exams now, and you are sure to do well.

7th Sign

HSC
i dont know if i am going to fail the trials

but i did sumaries on every subjects to the best I could some were 20 pages soem were 40 pages, I did numerous past papers, I feel if i left all out side would communication i could have done more study :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)