illness/misadventure for non-covid related symptoms/issues (1 Viewer)

HSC
i know they're taking fevers, coughs and stuff super seriously bc covid times but i've had a pounding headache (maybe a migraine? it's only on one side of my face, but i very rarely get migraines) for the past 6 hours and really bad lower stomach cramps (not sure if it's from period or not but i doubt it bc i'm nearing the end of my cycle). i took 2 panadol pills when i woke up and i took another 2 two hours after that bc it didn't work. my lips are pale and i feel dizzy/nauseous. the same thing happened on thursday before the 3u exam but luckily it cleared up before the day ended and at least panadol helped with it.

i also started sniffling (VERY lightly) within the past 2 hours but i don't think that's enough to warrant not going to the exam?? like my nose is not dripping with snot but i have to sniff like every once in a while, but if i show up to the exam with a migraine and i just happen to also have a sniffly nose im scared they'll chew me out for coming or smth.

i'm worried this won't clear up by tomorrow morning and i'm scared the examiners won't take me serious bc there's no proper way to prove that i'm actually nauseous and have a migraine. obv if i still have it i'll just go to a doctor after sitting the exam to get a certificate but idk if the board will even accept my application but like ??? will they think im just trying to fake sick

specificagent1

HSC
If you have covid symptoms you shouldnt turn up. Go get a doctors certificate. If you do turn up to the exam centre as it isnt covid related please advise your supervisor before the exams of how you're feeling, get a form, and go to the doctors after wards. I dont think nesa would doubt the professional opinion of a doctor

specificagent1

HSC
is that all we need to get an estimate
This is what it says on nesa:
Process
Applications must be accompanied by evidence of the illness or misadventure.

Application forms can be collected at the time of the exam, if it is safe for the student to attend, or through the school if the student is unable to attend the exam.

Step 1: Submitting an application to NESA
If it is safe to attend the exam:

• Attend the exam as usual.
  • When you arrive at the exam, notify the Presiding Officer of your illness or misadventure and ask for an illness/misadventure application form.
  • Complete and submit the form to the Presiding Officer or the principal with the appropriate evidence within one week of your last examination, and no later than the date of the last HSC examination.
  • The school will process the form and submit your application to NESA.
What if I am running late?

• Contact your principal immediately.
  • Get to the exam centre as soon as possible.
  • After the exam, follow the instructions of the Presiding Officer or your principal.
If it is NOT safe to attend the exam:

• Contact your school as soon as possible to advise of the issue.
  • Your school will provide an application form for you to complete and sign.
  • Provide your school with evidence.
  • Once completed and signed, the school will submit your application to NESA.
What if I misread the exam timetable and miss an exam?

• Contact your principal immediately and follow their instructions.
Read more in the HSC Rules and Procedures guide.

Step 2: Review of your application by NESA
  • Your application and documentation, including statements from the Presiding Officer and your principal, is reviewed by a panel.
  • The panel will decide whether to uphold (approve) or decline your application.
Oh i'm mistakened, "appropriate evidence" is not defined for this but it is listed for covid related symptoms one so idk. For Covid:
Examples of evidence:

• A medical certificate – use a telehealth service if you cannot see a doctor in person. An SMS COVID-19 test result on its own is not sufficient evidence.
  • Correspondence from NSW Health that states you need to self-isolate.

HSC
is that all we need to get an estimate
yes but it has to be very explicit in what you experienced like they can't write "stickyricebuns was unfit to do the hsc exam", i think the process is rather rigorous and the doctor also has to fill out on the form exactly what you had and how it could have negatively affected you which is also why im worried cuz wtf is the doctor gonna write other than "migraine - can't focus" ???

specificagent1

HSC
yes but it has to be very explicit in what you experienced like they can't write "stickyricebuns was unfit to do the hsc exam", i think the process is rather rigorous and the doctor also has to fill out on the form exactly what you had and how it could have negatively affected you which is also why im worried cuz wtf is the doctor gonna write other than "migraine - can't focus" ???
the supervisor and the form should have this info. idk i have never done it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)