Illness Misadventure (1 Viewer)

matt_ryanx

HSC
Hey Guys, I applied for illness misadventure as I started vomiting during the exam and had to go to the toilet numerous times as I had stomach cramps. I had to sit the remainder of the exam in special provisions in which the supervisor wrote I worked solidly in which I was just not. I went to the doctors and it turns out I had Gastro Enteritis . Would my application be considered as I was severely impacted during my exam and my internal assessment mark is a lot higher than what I would have gotten in the hsc if I didn’t get sick

Idkwhattoput

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Guys, I applied for illness misadventure as I started vomiting during the exam and had to go to the toilet numerous times as I had stomach cramps. I had to sit the remainder of the exam in special provisions in which the supervisor wrote I worked solidly in which I was just not. I went to the doctors and it turns out I had Gastro Enteritis . Would my application be considered as I was severely impacted during my exam and my internal assessment mark is a lot higher than what I would have gotten in the hsc if I didn’t get sick
Internal marks are moderated based on how your school performs in the subject. So if your school marks very easily, you're internal will be taken down to what you actually deserved based on the intricate moderation process. When you are sick AND you do your exam anyways, UAC will look at the mark you got in the exam and your internal mark, and give you the higher one of the two as your external mark (so if you performed worse in the exam due to sickness, you will, theoretically, not be disadvantaged).

IF you have already considered moderation and still think your internal is a lot higher than what you would have gotten in the exam, that doesn't matter. Nesa will not know that and will give you the high mark regardless. In this case, you benefit because you get a better mark than you shoud have, and your classmates benefits because you won't drag them down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)