I'm dropping econonics... Is that the right decision for me? (1 Viewer)

jenslekman

HSC
So... I'm doing 13units at the moment and I've already completed an accelearted course (so 15units altogether). Now... I'm aiming for 99.5 + ... and I'm doing pretty good in all of my subjects ... maybe with the exception of extension english...

Now... the reason why I wanted to drop economics is because:

1. I literally hate economics and find it simple, but extremely boring.
2. I think that if I drop economics, I will have more time for 4unit maths... which already clashes with my extension english... (and also i dont have any free periods atm)

However, in economics I am ranked very high and taht is the main reason as to why i DIDNT want to drop it.

Anyways... i still decided to drop it because my sis said that i won't do well in a subject that im not motivated to do even though im ranked high.

So basically... what i wanted to know ... was it right for me to drop economics? (dropping it tomorrow)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
So... I'm doing 13units at the moment and I've already completed an accelearted course (so 15units altogether). Now... I'm aiming for 99.5 + ... and I'm doing pretty good in all of my subjects ... maybe with the exception of extension english...

Now... the reason why I wanted to drop economics is because:

1. I literally hate economics and find it simple, but extremely boring.
2. I think that if I drop economics, I will have more time for 4unit maths... which already clashes with my extension english... (and also i dont have any free periods atm)

However, in economics I am ranked very high and taht is the main reason as to why i DIDNT want to drop it.

Anyways... i still decided to drop it because my sis said that i won't do well in a subject that im not motivated to do even though im ranked high.

So basically... what i wanted to know ... was it right for me to drop economics? (dropping it tomorrow)
You've pretty much answered yourself.

Plus Prelim ranks are no indicator of HSC ranks.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds like you've made up your mind. I dropped Economics myself and I just hope it was the right decision-you sounded more certain than me lol.

It is nice to have frees to focus on your other subs though. And if you hate it as you say, then it seems a clear cut good decision for you.

HSC
I was coming tied first before prelim for eco and then I couldn't take it anymore - I understand your pain. I got 28/60 for prelim and...seriously if you hate it you will LOVE dropping it. If you hate it - and I understand this - drop it. 15 units is ridiculous and you need to start cutting your loses now!

SayWut

HSC
I know this sounds quite obvious but do whatever subject combination you think will give you the highest ATAR in the end, even if that means slugging it out with a subject you don't like. But conversely if you believe that dropping it will give you a higher ATAR, then by all means go for that.

weirdguy99

HSC
N/A
Try sticking with economics for the first term, maybe you'll find that you enjoy it. I didn't really like prelim economics, but once we started getting into the Balance of Payments and Exchange Rates, I decided to stick with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)