I'm in yr10, physics too small, physics in 1yr? help (1 Viewer)

Grandor

Aspiring Army Officer
HSC
I'm in year 10 and doing my SC this year.
Next year our physics class only has 2 ppl interested.
I have been offered the idea of doing the Physics HSC in one year next year.
I will be trying to get to as many yr12 physics classes as possible in this time, also I will have a free line on another line thanks to tafe (which i hear is the biggest bludge (non-uai) and 1 arvo a week).

Is getting a good mark in physics conceivable for me? help me out here.

BTW-
I'm the kinda guy who got
High Distinction in yr10 Chemistry Comp
Distinction in Maths comp in yr9
Credit in Science and English comps.
Top of year in English, 3rd in music.
(however, I failed our inclass chemistry exam, all our maths assessments and somehow managed to get the above ^ stuff)

Subjects im doing in stage 6.
physics, maths 2u, english (adv), music, tafe music industry cert2, Studies of religion and buisness studies.

------------
Help me here.
Dicko

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Grandor said:
BTW-
I'm the kinda guy who got
High Distinction in yr10 Chemistry Comp
Distinction in Maths comp in yr9
Credit in Science and English comps.
Top of year in English, 3rd in music.
(however, I failed our inclass chemistry exam, all our maths assessments and somehow managed to get the above ^ stuff)
You are in 10 and you are doing chem. are you sure you are not accelerating already? Science courses are different, but since you stated you are "good" in science comp. and you've earned a distinction, then you might as well do physics. Why not do 3 science??? Well you ARE THE "kinda guy" who got High Distinction.

intuition

HSC
N/A
and you can enrol in a physic coaching class which might help you cram it in one year.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
ppl who do well in those unsw comps but crap in the inclass tests are usually the brighter kids who excell at the exams u can;t study for, ie the unsw ones that u got distinction / high in. you probably didn;t study for your chem test and thats why u failed. FOr hsc physics, its very conceptual and if u are natrually bright, u will like it. If youa re not and can;t wrap your head around the concepts just don;t bother, it will be too much of a struggle.
For me, i haven;t done a thing all yr for physics and something liek modern history is literally about 20 times more workload than physics, and physics will scale higher in the hsc. Its all totally geared towards concepts and a few facts u ahve to know here and there. So give it a go see how u feel, but honestly, for me its an absolute bludge and it will contribute nicely to my uai.

tell us how it goes.

Grandor

Aspiring Army Officer
HSC
well, thanks for the help guys.
things have worked themselves out, we are doing a normal physics course now and being 'tutored', i dunno exactly how its gonna work but - shuld be good.

I have my SC trials 2day (didnt study, cause they dont mean anything), so I'll c ya'z later and tell you how it goes when something happens...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)