im screwed :( (1 Viewer)

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
i dont know jackshit about how im supposed to write my area of study. I dont even know what related text to use. I might use finding nemo, but people are saying i shouldnt because its kiddish. I might use The pursuit of happyness as my related text because i used that in the trials. What do you guys thinks? What am i actually supposed to write about in the area of study? And what are some movie techniques?

DJ0L3

HSC
hmmmm dw im in d same boat...
i duno, i heard that castaway was a reli gud text...but i cant find much info on it...originally i did Rocky 4...i fought it was pretty gud but ma teacher said i shuldnt do it, so im kinda confussed now lolz

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
1. Go to Board of Studies - you'll know what's expected of you after you have a look at a few past papers

2. Check the resources section on this site - See how others have written and structured their essays - work yours around them but DO NOT plagiarise.

3. If you're after self selected texts - Check the forums, there are many threads that list related texts.

4. It's too late to be stressing like mad, so close to the actual exams. Calm the fuck down - get all your notes (if you have any) and just start on some essays or read over some of the notes that can be found on this site.

This will all be over in a few weeks! Relax guys!! :D

Godspeed :D

Last edited:

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
im not really stressed, but confused. Im not sure how i should write the area of study essay. I guess ill use The Pursuit of Happyness. Do i write about how Will Smith transforms during the film? Because during the beginning of the film, he is poor and depressed and at the end he is rich and really happy. What other techniques and other shit do i right about for this movie?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
First of all - what journey are you studying? You've posted in the physical journeys forum yet Pursuit of Happyness is an inner journey.

Your essay - should look at how "journeys" is represented and explored in your texts - including your core texts, stimulus text and self selected. It's also a good idea to be able to link all texts together - analysing the similarities/Contrast & compare.

:)

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
yes i know, but i still can pull it off as a physical because chris still goes around the city trying to sell his shit and find a job. If that doesnt work for you, how does saving private ryan sound?Thats about physical journeys.

Oh fucken common man...everyone is telling me different shit. Dont i just analyse the fucking techniques? Do i have to compare? Cant i just write about how "its all about what you learn during the journey...not the destination" or " obstacles are faced in every journey"...or sum shit like that.

Thanks TANJIN!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
MyLoveIsPure said:
yes i know, but i still can pull it off as a physical because chris still goes around the city trying to sell his shit and find a job. If that doesnt work for you, how does saving private ryan sound?Thats about physical journeys.

Oh fucken common man...everyone is telling me different shit. Dont i just analyse the fucking techniques? Do i have to compare? Cant i just write about how "its all about what you learn during the journey...not the destination" or " obstacles are faced in every journey"...or sum shit like that.
You can't just simply list the techniques - you'll get no marks for that. The markers will be looking for how you've analysed your texts - your techniques would have to be relevant to the question asked. So if the question is - "A journey is always a learning experience" Discuss...

1. Decide on whether you agree or not with the statement

2. Using the techniques within your texts- you'd discuss how the techniques have shown that a journey is always a learning experience etc.

If your texts do not link - you will have to mention somewhere (for linking purposes) "In contrast" to x text, y text explores....and if they're similar - "Similarly to y text, x text higlights....etc.

I hope i haven't confused you, but really the AOS section is fairly simple . :)

EDIT: I don't know whether you've bothered with this but here's the list of self selected text -

http://community.boredofstudies.org/314/focus-physical-journeys/25471/supplementary-texts-physical.html

There's not that much time left - so i suggest you choose the simplest text, that you can analyse properly and write a cohesive response with.

IMO - Do Lord of The Rings :)

Last edited:

Miroku

HSC
I think movie techniques include music, dialogue, characterization, cinematography, lighting, costume, camera techniques(Close up, panning shot, low angle shot etc), flashback, first person narration........ thats all I can think of.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Miroku said:
I think movie techniques include music, dialogue, characterization, cinematography, lighting, costume, camera techniques(Close up, panning shot, low angle shot etc), flashback, first person narration........ thats all I can think of.
Movies are packed with techniques, but if they hold no relevance to the question - they're useless.

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
I'll do saving private ryan. Its about a band of 8-9 soldiers going behind enemy lines to find one soldier who has earned himself a ticket back home. It takes place during the Normandy invasion in france, world war 2 based. What could i write about saving private ryan?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)