Imaginative Journey HELP PLEASE :) (1 Viewer)

puffinmuffin

HSC
What ideas about journeys does this cartoon convey to the responder?

fullonoob

fail engrish? unpossible!
HSC
What ideas about journeys does this cartoon convey to the responder?
Paradigm
The cartoon displays a man whom is unaccompanied probably owing to factors that distort his sense of belonging. This seclusion is evident through the signs "the life you could have lead" and "the life you lead". As darkness is surmounted on the life he leads, the viewer can convey that the figure's path is rather monotonous and murky. The contrast of lighting detaches what is seemingly good and bad, through motifs which we know as black and white. Apparently, the figure has his eyes fixed on "the life he could have lead", perhaps insinuating that he regrets the road which he has taken. Also, the facial expression of the man is realtively miserable and downhearted. This brings a melacholy atmosphere into the representation, and we can easily foresee that it is in fact a portrayal in relation to belonging.

What else can you talk about:
- vectors of the walls (lines)
- walls can illustrate man-made constructions, towering over him, hindering him to associate with society
- shadowy figure which is produced from the lighting (represent something)
- hands in pockets (insecurity)
- go more in depth about the light at the section of the sign, clear to show brilliance and dominance
- the man is small in the picture (diffidence and maybe powerlessness)
- central to the picture, the focus is on him, not to anything else
- why can't he belong? What/who stops him from belonging? How can he overcome this issue? What if.....
- talk about how it relates to 'OUR' lives in general, concerning how many people experience this kind of dilemma ; it is ubiquitous.
- reasoning behind his lack of belonging and breakdown/collapse

haha im not that good in english ^^ just trying to help if i can. There are more, but none that i can think of right now

fullonoob

fail engrish? unpossible!
HSC
OMG DAMN LOL
DIDNT SEE THE JOURNEY PART
DISREGARD WHAT I SAID
MAKE IT WITH RESPECT TO >>>JOURNEY<<< :mad:
although you could add a bit abt belonging (a bit)
hehe i should read the question next time xD

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)