Imaginative Journey: Unexpected Destinations (1 Viewer)

joels a loser

HSC
i wrote practiclly the same as everyone else, except i didnt write about Miranda and Ferdinand.. I first wrote literally about how the Tempest led the noblemen on an unexpected journey to an unknown destination, then continued more metaphorically into ideas about Prospero discarding his magic, changed perspectives, the responders joureny-through releasing Prospero, unexpected destination, thought that was good.
Alot of it was metaphorically, it wasnt hard, but it was tricky to word i thought..
one down-seven to go

munchybuddy

HSC
gpark said:
this question was really good but i ran outta time =[[

i talked about how different characters arrived at destination that were unexpected to them, and its effects

eg prospero initially takes the i j to see the kings party suffer but forgives/reconciles. he also gains wisdom. his destination is that he gives up his magical powers

ferdinand and miranda unexpectedly find love. their marriage is the destination

alonso conspires against prospero's as duke of milan but loss of his son (he thinks) forces him to re evalute his motives. his destination is regeneration

blah blah blahh

how ddi others approach the q?

OMG I hope you did it right cause i did exactly the same thing. :)

I thought the question was quite easy compared to ones from previous years. The only problem i had was that i ran out of time on this question and had to practically rush my conclusion. The said pens down and i was still trying to write lol.

trentles

HSC
my pre prepared essay slotted in to the question perfectly..

prospero - expected to take revenge but chooses "virtue rather.."

talked about the character transformations...

and same with my ORTs it worked really well...

i got onto a second writing book..

i was so proud

RyelleBlitz

HSC
I was planning on primarily writing how the audience, via the imaginative journeys of the characters and composers, how they often arrive at unexpected destinations (ie conclusions, change of mind, etc).

I don't think I quite got that across though.

emmisue

HSC
i wrote about how the range of experiences imaginative journeys provide, and the subsequent change in perception, lead to not only to unexpected destination physically, but also lead us to unexpected conclusions and enhanced understanding of ourself and our world. 7pgs in my tiny writing.

was that too far off track of the question??? talking more about perception change and the subsequent unexpected directions and destinations of our mind?

Ry

HSC
emmisue said:
i wrote about how the range of experiences imaginative journeys provide, and the subsequent change in perception, lead to not only to unexpected destination physically, but also lead us to unexpected conclusions and enhanced understanding of ourself and our world. 7pgs in my tiny writing.

was that too far off track of the question???
Na man, that's a sweet thesis. Shows depth of understanding.

Far out, is my school the only one that did Coleridge Poetry?? damn you Smiths Hill High!

As far as i'm concerned, the english gods were smiling on us with this question lol.

sonson fonson

HSC
ry, you're not alone. i did coleridge also. sucked majorly but it doesn't matter coz it's over.
i thought the question was good. but i applied in only to some texts. kinda half argued half agree with it. the only way i could make it work. but it was good. just had to think for a second.

Mr Integrity

HSC
Far out, is my school the only one that did Coleridge Poetry?? damn you Smiths Hill High!

Nah mate looks like were in the same boat, samuel taylor coleridge right here, its alright once you undertsand it

RUCUT?

gO die
HSC
Mr Integrity said:

Nah mate looks like were in the same boat, samuel taylor coleridge right here, its alright once you undertsand it

My skool studied Coleridge 2..so ur not da onlyy 1z...

Man that was 1 term of hell..& i no 4 suree dat da rest of my class thought dat 2..lol..!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)