Importance of Internals (1 Viewer)

wjddus

HSC
Hi so my first English advanced assessment for year 12 was this week and I'm pretty sure I flunked it... and now I'm really scared because apparently, your internal marks count towards half of your HSC. Now, the thing is this the task was an in-class exam with the common module essay question already given to you. The assessment was weighed 25% meaning 12.5% goes towards my ATAR. But the question is, even if I don't perform well in this task, would it drastically affect my ATAR? I'm just super anxious...

Thanks!

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Hi so my first English advanced assessment for year 12 was this week and I'm pretty sure I flunked it... and now I'm really scared because apparently, your internal marks count towards half of your HSC. Now, the thing is this the task was an in-class exam with the common module essay question already given to you. The assessment was weighed 25% meaning 12.5% goes towards my ATAR. But the question is, even if I don't perform well in this task, would it drastically affect my ATAR? I'm just super anxious...

Thanks!
English Advanced is 2 units out of 10 units (i.e. 20%) of the marks going to your ATAR. That means the direct impact of the one assessment task is 2.5% overall, not 12.5%.

hscstudnet

HSC
English Advanced is 2 units out of 10 units (i.e. 20%) of the marks going to your ATAR. That means the direct impact of the one assessment task is 2.5% overall, not 12.5%.
[
The assessment was weighed 25% meaning 12.5% goes towards my ATAR
I believe it is not as simple as halving the percentage of a weighing of internals to the overall mark.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC

Thanks!
The actual marks of your assessments don't matter, just the ranking and the gaps between each ranking. So yea just try to get high rankings then smash out externals.

jshao2003

HSC
The school doesn't actually submit your internal marks, but your rank. This will get adjusted with your school's alongside your external performance. Therefore, do the best you can, but your mark essentially has no impact upon the actual ATAR you will receive.

idkkdi

HSC
The school doesn't actually submit your internal marks, but your rank. This will get adjusted with your school's alongside your external performance. Therefore, do the best you can, but your mark essentially has no impact upon the actual ATAR you will receive.
guo en is everywhere :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)