important questions (1 Viewer)

what is the raw mark?
is there any way of knowing how many ppl scored a uai of 90>
how many scored a uai of 80> in last years uai

and how many ppl got into uni last year

to get in to uni u need 80 + UAI

raw mark is the mark u actually get in the exam..and the hsc mark is the one that is scaled down to match other harder exams... so if u get 80 in the exam (raw) u will be likely to get 50 in hsc mark..cuz it scales down...

u never see the raw mark,...

the scaled mark is used to calculate ur UAI...and is AGAIN scaled down to match the other harder exams.. (dunno why)...

last year not many ppl went to uni ...when they got less than 80 %.....

only place that offereed place for below 80 achivers is the dubbo university and wagga wagga university..

if u get below 70 for UAI you don't get you HSC... :(

soo good luck

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
bs

omg would u stop trying to scare this poor person. My sister is a teacher so I know all about this. Your UAI has nothing to do with wher or not u get a HSC UAI's ARE OPTIONAL you dont even need to have one calculated!!
And plenty of courses require UAI's below 70! It just depends how many people want in and how bright those people are. That's it
Your raw HSC mark could stay the same, be scaled up, or scaled down. Your HSC mark is usually higher than ur raw assessment mark, so use that to go by.
Basically, you get the mark you deserve, and a UAI that will allow you to do a course you are suited for.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
yeah cos the UAI is a rank - and it starts at 40 or something.. so just get all the HSC people + the ppl who dropped out in year 10 and divide it up to find out how many people get what..........

top 10% of state = 93.8 or above,

top 15% of state is like 90 and above me thinks...

u can get this info from Board of studies, or alternatively, resident UAI expert LAZARUS

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
To correct a few ppl here,

all the scaling info can be found at UAC site, not the Board of Studies, specifically in their Report of 2001 HSC scaling
in addition u can see how many ppl scored a UAI of over 90, 80, 70, 60, 50 and under 50 in 2001, (I recall ~7900 got over 90 last yr)
UAI's start from 30, and go up in .05 increments from there (yeah that pretty obvious)
as well, u can see how many of the "UAI cohort" last year got into uni
and yes, u never see raw marks, only your aligned exam mark and moderated assessment mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)