Indo china! (1 Viewer)

borneo

HSC
What question did you do for Indochina and what did you all write about??

I did the anti war movement in the US, and rambled on about Diem not having support in the South, in turn needing more US forces and the Buddhist Crisis and Tet Offensive putting mass pressure from Anti war movement onto the US government.

I was relying on a pol pot question but never got it :(

Was I completely wrong? hahaha

0hNivlek

HSC
Hmm i should've done a but i did b LOL.

I said the anti-warror movements were indeed significant but it cannot be solely responsible for the communist victory. Anyways i kinda talked about the 1969 moratorium, teachins, sitins, strikes, hippy movement, popular culture (the beatles, john lennon), how the media altered attitudes, and various events like Operation Menu, Tet, Tonkin, my lai massacre, thi kim phuc etc... and how they all contributed to US withdrawal culminating with the War Power's Resolution etc...

:S

Iunnno basically i pulled lots of shit outta my ass LOL.

I wasted all my time preparing for a cambodian question too >.>

JB10

HSC
What question did you do for Indochina and what did you all write about??

I did the anti war movement in the US, and rambled on about Diem not having support in the South, in turn needing more US forces and the Buddhist Crisis and Tet Offensive putting mass pressure from Anti war movement onto the US government.

I was relying on a pol pot question but never got it :(

Was I completely wrong? hahaha
i thought they were talking more about the US civilians?

I answered question a though so I'm not 100%.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
I did b)

I said that 2 main factors caused the communist victory: the antiwar movement and America couldn't win.

doesnt feel like it makes much sense now actually

what else caused the communist victory?

Riffy Raffy

BABY MAN
HSC
That was the worst section of the paper...I did (b) and basically did 1.5 pages on home front, then heaps of military tactics, social changes, economic changes, the RVN being shit and the appeal of Communism. Most of it was bullshit, no stats, little quotes

xBecx

HSC
That was the worst section of the paper...I did (b) and basically did 1.5 pages on home front, then heaps of military tactics, social changes, economic changes, the RVN being shit and the appeal of Communism. Most of it was bullshit, no stats, little quotes
same here. Pulled it all outta my arse. :D lol.

lizajane91

HSC
did the anti-war movements q..mainly talked about how they were a contributing factor along with the weaknesses of the south, us intervention, nationalism, and US inability to separate comm from nationalism..

chinesewombok

HSC
I did the question about the Anti-War movements.

Basically said that, although the anti-war tide in the US was a major factor is US withdrawal in 1973 - it was not soley responsible for the Communist North victory, and mentioned other factors as the failure of US/ARVN tactics against those of the NLF and NVA.

Also mentioned Tet Offensive and My Lai Massacre as it led to civil unrest in the US. I didn't talk about the nature of the movements. I hope that I didn't have to. :(

In retrospect, probably should have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)