Induction Question (1 Viewer)

CheekyPunk

HSC
It wasn't that hard. It was annoying cause it was long and tedious, and the n mixed with the n in tan etc. so it was hard to see what substituted for what and all that.

But you just needed to keep substituting from i) and it worked out quite well. Though, a waste of time for 3 marks.

i) was just substituting alpha for (n+1)theta and beta for ntheta. then rearranging the tan identity.

Last edited:

gamecw

HSC
cudnt do it at 1st.. once u figure out to prove for n=1 then u shud know how to prove the rest.. did it at the end, but wasted so much time

fredfredqwerty

HSC
Relatively easy question. Induction uses same process over and over again. Manipulation of the equation made it less difficult than everyone has made it out to be

rickem

RÎçkõ
HSC
Yeh, it was interesting, but i liked the question.. very messy tho.

HSC
roosterssuck said:
nah the induction question was fine, it was the bloody thing above it that was a pain in the arse...
i spent so long doing that one above it, and I eventually got it out alright...but then I took one look at the induction question, tried n = 1, couldnt do it and went "fuck it im out"

mel4dan

I dunno, I didn't find it all that "hard", but it was very time consuming to make sure you didn't write the wrong thing. And for 3 marks, it should have been worth more, it took me about a page and a half!:bomb:

dunno04

HSC
induction is hard..
i fudge my way through it.

can't prove n=k+1
ghey!

Sober

HSC
dunno04 said:
lol...u shud at least fudge it...
hope the marker didn't see it
haha
xD
My uncle is a marker for the HSC, and he told me that if you make errors in the final steps of your working sometimes it can actually comprimise marks you may have gained at the start. The marking guidelines don't actually show that but apparently its true for some questions so you have to be careful about fudging.
You would expect this kind of practice to be peculiar to written responses in english and science etc, not maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)