• Congratulations to the Class of 2021 on your results!
    Let us know how you went here
    Got a question about your uni preferences? Ask us here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Injuries (1 Viewer)

slip

Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
543
Location
newcastle
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
Does anybody here have any injuries which they keep sustaining. If so what and how?

I've strained the medial liagment in my knee over 10 times now. Ive done it many ways 3 times at soccer, just kicking the ball, 3 times a cricket, twice at the beach, playing handball, and falls.

My other one is ive broken my left arm 3 times.
 

dave_119

Banned
Joined
Mar 17, 2004
Messages
333
Location
blue mtns
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
2004
i suggest a knee reconstruction...

broken every finger/thumb cricket x 3.. so 30 breaks
 

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
Joined
Sep 16, 2004
Messages
1,732
Location
Maggotsville
Gender
Female
HSC
2010
ive broken my right wrist 3times in the same place.
so now my wrist is all screwy and still hurts even tho i last broke it nearly a year ago.
i het physio on it every so often and its queried that the ligament or tendon has fused to the bone and thats why i sometimes cant move my wrist/hurts to move my wrist.
i broke my nose and one of my fingers bodyboarding.
 

matt#1

...
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
1,847
Location
Sydney, Australia
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
slip said:
I've strained the medial liagment in my knee over 10 times now. Ive done it many ways 3 times at soccer, just kicking the ball, 3 times a cricket, twice at the beach, playing handball, and falls.
I have that same problem with my knee too.
 

slip

Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
543
Location
newcastle
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
dave_119 said:
i suggest a knee reconstruction...

broken every finger/thumb cricket x 3.. so 30 breaks

knee reconstructions that you refer to are when the anterior cruciate liagment snaps.

and i would only require surgury for a medial liagment if it were to snap, and if it did even with surgury your leg will be fucked.
 

Jaydels

Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
472
Location
somewhere you're not
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
i had an impingement in my shoulder when i was doing swimming training, just like everyone else in the squad. when i left and went to a new coach it went away
 

gibbo67

Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Messages
115
Location
somewhere out there.......
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
i've had problems with the rotator cuff of my right shoulder for the past 2 1/2 years after i threw a vortex too hard, it's a bit of a bugger because i havent been able to play golf or tennis well since :( - but i have been getting physio and strength therapy for it since the beginning of the year and it's getting better
 

bowman

Bowmanation
Joined
Feb 9, 2004
Messages
1,149
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
when i was in year 8 i threw my shoulder out pitching. tore my deltoid and a few other musscles in my arm. keeps comming back and hurting when ever i play tennis or european handball
 

Jaydels

Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
472
Location
somewhere you're not
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
gibbo67 said:
i've had problems with the rotator cuff of my right shoulder for the past 2 1/2 years after i threw a vortex too hard, it's a bit of a bugger because i havent been able to play golf or tennis well since :( - but i have been getting physio and strength therapy for it since the beginning of the year and it's getting better
ow, isnt rotator cuff really bad?
 

gibbo67

Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Messages
115
Location
somewhere out there.......
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
Jaydels said:
ow, isnt rotator cuff really bad?
it can be bad - a teacher at my old school had surgery on it and had his right arm in a sling for a couple of months. but my dad had a similar problem to me after an arm-wrestle with my older brother and his arm is alright, so i'm hopeful that it will get better within a couple of months of stretching and strength work :)
 

jam3s

Radiation Therapist
Joined
Apr 27, 2004
Messages
280
Location
On soccer fields, In KFC, At uni, At clubs, and in
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
Ive broken one finger and shattered another, and broke my nose during soccer, torn both left and right hamstring muscle during martial arts traning, all minor injuries. only time i got close to doing major damage to my self is when i landed right on top of my head after i got lost mid way during a routine front flip, don;t know why i lost it mid way, but lucky i landed right on top of the head so didn;t bend my neck.
 

braad

so dead yeah?
Joined
Mar 11, 2004
Messages
3,442
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
far out, im lucky *touch wood* only muscle strains...but i spose im normally retarded so it evens out :p
 

Ninga

Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2004
Messages
552
Location
Wollongong
Gender
Male
HSC
2001
I've got problems with my left kneecap, and its alignment. Sometimes i bruise it up, and the muscles stop working when i get tired, so the knee cap gets pulled to one side and theres a lot of pain. Usually after playing Ultimate Frisbee over a couple of days for tourneys and stuff.

Ultimate Frisbee is pretty lethal, i saw 2 ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) tears last year. Thats 2 knee reconstructions there. Haven't seen any of that this year yet, though i think someone did their medial ligament the weekend before last in Wollongong. Its a blood sport...
 

slip

Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
543
Location
newcastle
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
Ninga said:
I've got problems with my left kneecap, and its alignment. Sometimes i bruise it up, and the muscles stop working when i get tired, so the knee cap gets pulled to one side and theres a lot of pain. Usually after playing Ultimate Frisbee over a couple of days for tourneys and stuff.

Ultimate Frisbee is pretty lethal, i saw 2 ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) tears last year. Thats 2 knee reconstructions there. Haven't seen any of that this year yet, though i think someone did their medial ligament the weekend before last in Wollongong. Its a blood sport...
i collided with a guy in ultimate frisbee last week, snapped my shoulder prety bad. couldnt move it for a few days
 

sfk_fan

New Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Messages
28
Gender
Male
HSC
2005
left shoulder for me from cricket. 'ecapsulitis' is the doctor's diagnosis. i think it's worse than that...
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top