Injuries (1 Viewer)

slip

HSC
Does anybody here have any injuries which they keep sustaining. If so what and how?

I've strained the medial liagment in my knee over 10 times now. Ive done it many ways 3 times at soccer, just kicking the ball, 3 times a cricket, twice at the beach, playing handball, and falls.

My other one is ive broken my left arm 3 times.

dave_119

Banned
HSC
i suggest a knee reconstruction...

broken every finger/thumb cricket x 3.. so 30 breaks

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
ive broken my right wrist 3times in the same place.
so now my wrist is all screwy and still hurts even tho i last broke it nearly a year ago.
i het physio on it every so often and its queried that the ligament or tendon has fused to the bone and thats why i sometimes cant move my wrist/hurts to move my wrist.
i broke my nose and one of my fingers bodyboarding.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
slip said:
I've strained the medial liagment in my knee over 10 times now. Ive done it many ways 3 times at soccer, just kicking the ball, 3 times a cricket, twice at the beach, playing handball, and falls.
I have that same problem with my knee too.

slip

HSC
dave_119 said:
i suggest a knee reconstruction...

broken every finger/thumb cricket x 3.. so 30 breaks

knee reconstructions that you refer to are when the anterior cruciate liagment snaps.

and i would only require surgury for a medial liagment if it were to snap, and if it did even with surgury your leg will be fucked.

Jaydels

HSC
i had an impingement in my shoulder when i was doing swimming training, just like everyone else in the squad. when i left and went to a new coach it went away

gibbo67

HSC
i've had problems with the rotator cuff of my right shoulder for the past 2 1/2 years after i threw a vortex too hard, it's a bit of a bugger because i havent been able to play golf or tennis well since :( - but i have been getting physio and strength therapy for it since the beginning of the year and it's getting better

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
when i was in year 8 i threw my shoulder out pitching. tore my deltoid and a few other musscles in my arm. keeps comming back and hurting when ever i play tennis or european handball

Jaydels

HSC
gibbo67 said:
i've had problems with the rotator cuff of my right shoulder for the past 2 1/2 years after i threw a vortex too hard, it's a bit of a bugger because i havent been able to play golf or tennis well since :( - but i have been getting physio and strength therapy for it since the beginning of the year and it's getting better
ow, isnt rotator cuff really bad?

gibbo67

HSC
Jaydels said:
ow, isnt rotator cuff really bad?
it can be bad - a teacher at my old school had surgery on it and had his right arm in a sling for a couple of months. but my dad had a similar problem to me after an arm-wrestle with my older brother and his arm is alright, so i'm hopeful that it will get better within a couple of months of stretching and strength work :)

jam3s

Radiation Therapist
On soccer fields, In KFC, At uni, At clubs, and in
HSC
N/A
Ive broken one finger and shattered another, and broke my nose during soccer, torn both left and right hamstring muscle during martial arts traning, all minor injuries. only time i got close to doing major damage to my self is when i landed right on top of my head after i got lost mid way during a routine front flip, don;t know why i lost it mid way, but lucky i landed right on top of the head so didn;t bend my neck.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
far out, im lucky *touch wood* only muscle strains...but i spose im normally retarded so it evens out :p

Ninga

HSC
I've got problems with my left kneecap, and its alignment. Sometimes i bruise it up, and the muscles stop working when i get tired, so the knee cap gets pulled to one side and theres a lot of pain. Usually after playing Ultimate Frisbee over a couple of days for tourneys and stuff.

Ultimate Frisbee is pretty lethal, i saw 2 ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) tears last year. Thats 2 knee reconstructions there. Haven't seen any of that this year yet, though i think someone did their medial ligament the weekend before last in Wollongong. Its a blood sport...

slip

HSC
Ninga said:
I've got problems with my left kneecap, and its alignment. Sometimes i bruise it up, and the muscles stop working when i get tired, so the knee cap gets pulled to one side and theres a lot of pain. Usually after playing Ultimate Frisbee over a couple of days for tourneys and stuff.

Ultimate Frisbee is pretty lethal, i saw 2 ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) tears last year. Thats 2 knee reconstructions there. Haven't seen any of that this year yet, though i think someone did their medial ligament the weekend before last in Wollongong. Its a blood sport...
i collided with a guy in ultimate frisbee last week, snapped my shoulder prety bad. couldnt move it for a few days

sfk_fan

HSC
left shoulder for me from cricket. 'ecapsulitis' is the doctor's diagnosis. i think it's worse than that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)