Innovative Management Diplomer for BSc. (Advanced) (1 Viewer)

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
I recall reading and be told that the Innovative Management Diplomer is available to second year advanced science tudents who achieve an above credit average at the beginning of last year.. Does anyone have any ideas about it? I don't seem to be able to find anything about it.. Dead hyperlinks in the Handbook don't seem to help neither

*depressed* :(

P.s. I didn't see things or hear things did I?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
yeah I heard something like that. You're not seeing things. :D

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
I kinda want to screw my life up and do it... but to my memory that it's extracirricular x____X

worse of all.. I still can't find anything about it.. and some of my compulsory subjects are not available for enrolment yet...

I feel like doing just BSc. with a few crappy compulsory courses :(

oh btw, then do we have to enrol ANYWAY even if a subject it appears that only one time is available for a certain subject.. Since I didn't want to enrol just yet into a subject I want to do but the times appear to be TBA =x (they're CHEM2031 and CHEM2041..)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Sorry? Is that a question? lol

I suggest enrol as soon as possible, as lab times of your choice might not be available, and sometimes you can't even enrol. If they appears to be "TBA", check whether they are cancelled. But just leave it as that for the moment if you can't find anything.

And one more thing. How could you do chemistry??!...it's so awwww. :D

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
O______o!!! Thank you for the last comment there!

Naaw :) I just love it... (even though I'm not getting HDs.. my excuse would be.. I suck at exams xD it's always like this no matter how much time I spend on preparing... something's wrong there.. anyways)

How could you NOT want to do chemistry? (you still have to do it this year right?)

Anyways, yes, that was a question.. it's really odd 'cause.. it's just oddxD

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
No I don't have to do Chemistry FOREVER!! WOOHOOO~! Chem is super dooper boring with booooring lecturers ZzzzzzzzzZZZZ

If I have to do organic chemistry ever again >.< I might as well die now....

And I'm crap at the exam as well. And chem was my worst subject :(

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
And by the way, CHEM2031 and 2041 are NOT cancelled. You just have to probably enrol through the chem website or once you start uni. But still...awww to chemistry. :D

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
Thanks Zara, I have already been to that website but it's not very useful... but I will have a look again after this xD thank you!

-------------

awww to med sci xD.. I know they're not cancelled O______o... but it's just weird.. stupid online system xD although I quite like the fact that I don't have to traven for a 3-hour round trip everytime I want to change my enrolment..

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
I sent Dr Bridge a letter a while ago regarding this diploma and this is his reply. Hope it's helpful :D

Dear Peter,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you - I have just returned from holidays. We had our first cohort of Diploma graduates in May 2004. All 25 graduates to date have either gone on to higher degree studies (PhD, 10, Medicine 1) or commenced work (science based jobs 6, business management 2, high technology finance 2, IP management 3, biotechnology marketing 1). All are successfully pursuing careers that they want rather than simply taking jobs on the basis of limited opportunities - ie. the Diploma has given them choices.

Are you currently studying at UNSW? Enrollment in the Diploma in Innovation Management is restricted to UNSW students entering their 2nd year or a UNSW B.Sc or B.E degree and is internally administered (ie. entry is not through UAC). You should have a look at the AusBiotech Website for information on the Australian biotechnology sector and potential career opportunities http://www.ausbiotech.org/

Good luck in making the right career choice

Wallace

Wallace Bridge, PhD
Director
Entrepreneurs in Science
Faculty of Science
University of NSW
Sydney 2052
Tel 9385 1297
Fax 9385 1530
www.eis.unsw.edu.au

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
Thank you zara :) That helps a lot... It sounds like I'm eligible to do it... it's just a matter of doing it and have to find out whether it's extracirricular.. thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)