Interesting and possibly useful people/ planet units to do? (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
I'm first-year so a lot of people/ planet units I potentially wanted to do aren't available to me as I don't have the credit point prerequisites like social marketing and sustainability, bioethics and biotechnology

I'm an arts/ law student and was wondering if anyone could suggest some interesting and possibly useful people and planet units. It's really driving me mad because the ones I want to do are not taught in semester 1 or have some credit point prerequisite from any degree which seems ridiculous when the those credit points don' relate to that unit of study anyway.

For planet I was considering Drugs Across Cultures, but this is taught in the arts faculty (anthropology unit) and I'm already doing an arts degree so will this satisfy the requirements?
And if both my people and planet unit are from the arts faculty will that mean I don't satisfy the requirements for this unit.

I also considered human biology but I'm concerned that there will be a lot of content and I need to focus on my law units. I also considered introductory statistics because I don't know much about it and it seems useful but I'm not that great at maths. I did 2 unit advanced maths for HSC and averaged high band 4.

I know I could maybe start a minor rather than pick my people/ planet units in semester 1 but I'm quite indecisive and need to see how I find first year before settling into something.

Any suggestions and why would be great! Thanks :)

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
ISYS100 is very popular, and is meant to be enjoyable. We live in an age of technology integration so it is useful to be proficient in technology skills.
Bonus is that it doesn't have an exam!

STAT170 isn't to bad but has a roughly 30% fail rate, and has a lot of hatred from students being forced to undertake it. Have a look at the past exams on the library search page to see if you would be willing/want to learn it.You also have to pass the exam to pass the course, which can be slightly annoying requirement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)