• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Internal rank and State rank? (1 Viewer)

Explicit

HSC
Hello. I've asked this question for quite a while now and noone could tell me. So someone suggested this forum.

Anyway. Say you don't come 1st internally in a specific subject. (say you come 2nd). Is it still possible to come first in the state for that subject?

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that does your internal mark affect your state rank or is it only your external?

Explicit

HSC
Interesting. So it is possible then. Still not sure as to whether state rankings take into acount your internal or just external exam mark.

My guess would be they take both into account. But you'd have to be really close to first to get a chance. Am i right?

absorber

HSC
Hello. I've asked this question for quite a while now and noone could tell me. So someone suggested this forum.

Anyway. Say you don't come 1st internally in a specific subject. (say you come 2nd). Is it still possible to come first in the state for that subject?

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that does your internal mark affect your state rank or is it only your external?
My understanding is state rank is based on exam mark as much as internal mark; I mean, why wouldn't it be?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)