Internal rank help (1 Viewer)

Akshara Patil

HSC
So kinda bombed (primarily due to burnout) my chemistry trials which made my average dip.... I am averaging 82% or so with a rank of 2/50 in a chemistry cohort that approximately gets 3 band 6s or so every year. But thing is, I am about 11% from the person who is first (averaging 93%), which worries me a lot. I asked students from previous years and they averaged around 85 (before moderation) to get a final mark of 93 average from their HSC exam and internal averages. Do you think I still stand a chance if I grind and ace the externals?

Epicman69

HSC
So kinda bombed (primarily due to burnout) my chemistry trials which made my average dip.... I am averaging 82% or so with a rank of 2/50 in a chemistry cohort that approximately gets 3 band 6s or so every year. But thing is, I am about 11% from the person who is first (averaging 93%), which worries me a lot. I asked students from previous years and they averaged around 85 (before moderation) to get a final mark of 93 average from their HSC exam and internal averages. Do you think I still stand a chance if I grind and ace the externals?
Yes of course you have a chance, you are literally rank 2 ???

NoMoreModernSR

HSC
u stand no chance, drop out now dont go to school tmmrw and join tafe

Epicman69

HSC
Also, your school mark is determined by the external mark that correlates to your rank (it is more complex than just that but basically what NESA tries to do), so basically NESA will try to give you the second highest external HSC mark for your internal school mark which is then averaged with YOUR external mark (which could be the highest) to give your final HSC mark. For Example, if the second highest mark is a 90 in the HSC you will get around that for your school mark and then this will be average with YOUR OWN mark, let us say 92 to get an overall 91.

Akshara Patil

HSC
Also, your school mark is determined by the external mark that correlates to your rank (it is more complex than just that but basically what NESA tries to do), so basically NESA will try to give you the second highest external HSC mark for your internal school mark which is then averaged with YOUR external mark (which could be the highest) to give your final HSC mark. For Example, if the second highest mark is a 90 in the HSC you will get around that for your school mark and then this will be average with YOUR OWN mark, let us say 92 to get an overall 91.
oh ok thanks a lot - this reassures me. I know what I may have asked might seem quite ridiculous for some, but I honestly am quite overwhelmed by the complexity of this system...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)