internal transfer.. AGAIN (1 Viewer)

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
ok if i get accepted to do an internal transfer at the end of the autumn period, can i defer my studies on the new course till the start of next year?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yes. But its not called deferring. You need to pick up a sheet from the student centre called "leave of absence".

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
awessomeeeeee... also.. i want to continue my degree that im doing now till the end of the year.. and still start the other course the start of the next year..
is this possible? or do i have to reapply via uac for the other course?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
wait ... you can't do two degrees at one time. Thats effectively what your doing if your doing what you said. If you want to do your current degree for the whole year, then you can not transfer mid year. Instead you will have to transfer at the end of the year. If you have an above credit average, then you can transfer internally or if you don't have that average, then transfer through UAC.

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
what im sayin is.. that i think i will get the GPA this autumn, however i am not so sure if i will get it in the spring.. so my idea was to apply for internal transfer when i have the GPA..

or can i apply at teh end of hte year with the GPA From the autumn session?

only reason i am doin internal transfer app end of autumn is because i am not sure if i will ahve it again next year.. and i want to take it while i ahve hte chance..

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If you think you can get the GPA this semester, then transfer internally and then you can take the leave of absense for the spring session.

If you transfer at the end of the spring session, your GPA for the whole year (8 subjects).

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
thanks wat i think i will do.. is reapply via uac for this course i am doing now.. and do the internal transfer..

arts > mid semester.. reapplied via uac
business > internal transfer

Jacks

HSC
well first of all there is no reason that you can't maintain it...I'm sure if you work hard you would be able to. However for what you are asking that is somewhat irrelevant and would be for you to decide.

You can not transfer internally and continue your degree...a transfer is exactly that, you change from one course to another...which certainly isn't the case if you continue the other course...you can't tranfer and apply for a leave of absence for that degree only.

Your options are to either transfer mid semester if you are worried about your GPA...this would mean stopping your other degree. Or you can wait until the end of the year and see how things go. You may have the GPA you need then...if not as cape said you can apply through UAC...perhaps writing a personal statement to support your case.

Though I don't see why you would want to transfer, and still want to continue the course you are doing at the same time. You really will have to choose between them...or choose between these two options according to what is best for you :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
krisk85 said:
thanks wat i think i will do.. is reapply via uac for this course i am doing now.. and do the internal transfer..

arts > reapplied via uac
business > internal transfer
eh, why do you need to do that? why do you need to reapply for the course that your presently doing?

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
reasons are:
arts (languages)+business (management and international management)

i want to be able to work globally.. the languages i am studying give me diversity in where i want to work.. (2 different regions.. middle east and asia)
and management.. i think that explains itself

and because I wish to progress throughout the stages of language with the people in my class.. see when you take languages it is in sections.. 101 autumn, 102 spring.. 201 next year autumn etc..
you cant stkip a level otherwise you will be very far behind.. if i stuff around now i will have taken 101, and then i will have to next year next spring to take 102.. because uws doenst offer it in autumn.. so i will be behind 1year in the progression of my language than i wouldve been if i played my cards right.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
krisk85 said:
reasons are:
arts (languages)+business (management and international management)

i want to be able to work globally.. the languages i am studying give me diversity in where i want to work.. (2 different regions.. middle east and asia)
and management.. i think that explains itself
I think that I must be having a stupid night, but I don't fully understand. What course are you doing now and what course do you want to do? Sorry.

HSC
i wanna apply for guareented ransfer but i have no idea how to go about it...like do i have to get the marks and THEN go to parra (where the b social science co-ordinater is - the course i wanna do) and get her to sign it.....its due 2 weeks before the start of next semester...would i have my grades in time to do all the application stuff...i dunno im so confused :(

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
i am taking arts(languages) studying arabic now.. and with my electives to study another language..
and i wish to transfer into business(management)..

Arts(Arabic language) is what im studying now

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
hippo where u outside l37 or l38 today at about 1pm? i think you had your bag on the boxes and was getting something out if it.. i was comin out of arabic class then

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
*Looks around for Klh*

hiphophorray123 - maybe you should speak to Klh about when to hand the form in and all that stuff. But you will get your marks like agggggeees after the exam period. So its better to hand in your application to transfer soon, rather than leave it, when lecturers could be on holidays.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
krisk85 said:
i am taking arts(languages) studying arabic now.. and with my electives to study another language..
and i wish to transfer into business(management)..

Arts(Arabic language) is what im studying now
If you don't want to fall behind in the language sense, maybe it would be better to stay in the arts for the whole year, then see what your GPA is like and then either transfer either externally or internally (depending on GPA) at the end of the year.

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
the gpa needed to transfer internally is 5.0< so if i got a 5.25 i would be able to transfer?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
krisk85 said:
the gpa needed to transfer internally is 5.0< so if i got a 5.25 i would be able to transfer?
Yes. 5.25 is greater than the 5.01 average required to transfer.

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
awesome.. i think i might be able to pull that.. i already have a distinction average.. and assuming i can pull a distinction or high distinction and credits next semester.. should be fine..

thanks

HSC
krisk85 said:
hippo where u outside l37 or l38 today at about 1pm? i think you had your bag on the boxes and was getting something out if it.. i was comin out of arabic class then

yeh in building 1 i had skills development class starting at 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)