International students ATAR cutoff (1 Viewer)

brachester

HSC
Hi
I heard that the cutoff of most of the courses in UNI are lower for international students, like Advanced Math in Usyd is 98.4 for domestic student but it's only 92 for international students. Is that true? can someone give me a link or advice on how it actually works?
Thank you very much!!!

muzeikchun852

HSC
yeah I think it's a bit lower for international students.

brachester

HSC
can you please specify a little bit more, like lower by how much? because i've been searching for the cutoff for international students on internet but nothing came up so far

hup

HSC
N/A
but they make up for it with the insanely higher cost

tambam

HSC
At usyd, the cut-off for each course is 5 atar points lower than the mainstream cut-off for all international students.

And non-international students can get 5 bonus atar points if they pay the full fee which international students are required to pay.

Here: (It doesn't say explicitly say that for each course the cut-off is lower, but you can see from the info that the given cut-offs from last year are exactly 5 below the mainstream cut-offs)
http://sydney.edu.au/internationaloffice/publications/ug/int_ug.pdf

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
but they make up for it with the insanely higher cost
Unis are desperate for $$$; so will do whatever is needed to enrol them students,

But don't get the idea that locals are smarter than overseas student. Those coming often not the best students.

tambam

HSC
Unis are desperate for $$$; so will do whatever is needed to enrol them students,
Um no, the 'high cost' is the full standard university fee. Its just that for australian citizens, this educational fee is supplemented by the government, bar a small hecs contribution on our part.

brachester

HSC
At usyd, the cut-off for each course is 5 atar points lower than the mainstream cut-off for all international students.

And non-international students can get 5 bonus atar points if they pay the full fee which international students are required to pay.

Here: (It doesn't say explicitly say that for each course the cut-off is lower, but you can see from the info that the given cut-offs from last year are exactly 5 below the mainstream cut-offs)
Thanks, i'm applying for unsw, and i was looking into their international students section. Their ATAR cutoff are almost exactly the same (e.g. Advanced Math 95.4 for domestic students and 95 for international students) however, they did mention they're going to revise it again at the end of 2011, and to me this is kinda at the end, and nothing came up so far, if anyone has any information on that please do tell me. THANK YOU!!!!!!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
[/url]
Domestic Full fee places were abolished in 2008.

Last edited:

brachester

HSC

Also, what's the USFP they mentioned? i googled it and they came up with University of Sydney Foundation program and the ATAR are slightly similar with the mainsteam (e.g. Advanced math : 98.4 for mainstream and 98 for international as mentioned in this document)

smilingface

HSC
depends on the course~ for advanced maths at usyd, you can not get any bonus points~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)