Internet Quotas (1 Viewer)

bobbles

Does anyone know what the monthly download quota is when using the college internet connection?

On the tour they were going on about how they never had to worry about it, but never said what it was, and im pretty sure they only used it for their emails...

So does anyone know?

Ashleet

HSC
the une union does a package with an isp where there was 100 meg free downloads with 18 cents per mg downloaded over that limit to a maximum cost of $19 being charged per month

Ashleet

HSC
yeah after the ammount of money you pay towards accomodation and general fees you should get it all done for free

bobbles

I just meant because all the rooms are already physically connected (afaik) they looked like it when i went in there, so it would only be a configuration issue to get it installed, not actually spending money to get it done

Ashleet

HSC
ah gotcha, just setting up a new connection through connection wizard rather than having it "connected"

bobbles

well yeah, they do hire the technicians to carry out the configuration (which granted would be complex for such a large network) but still... $100? geez =]

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Oh, I heard we got 300MB limit for the whole year?
I dunno what's happening though... I guess we'll find out when we get there.

natrap

300MB for a year or even 100MB per month is tiny. I will probably get my own dialup connection if that is the case - unlimited for $25/month. In the month of January alone I have downloaded 8.5GB.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I get unlimited high speed internet at uni of newcastle for about $2 a week :p

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
im taking a modem, and when i wanna dl stuff, i use my home account.... that should work

T

trace|element

The internet access at UNE is pretty crap if you are a heavy web user. Best to get your own dial up account that you can dial up from your dorm room if you are.

T

trace|element

yeah I got an iprimus account which is no download limit no time limit for $20 a month which is pretty good, but yeah you still have the local call cost. However if you have a mobile you can pretty much leave your computer connected all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)