Interview this evening - advice? (1 Viewer)

mikrokosmos

HSC
Hi! So I’m applying as a tutor at this place in the city and for my interview I need to teach for 10-15 mins (English) for a topic given on the spot. Any advice? I’m so so scared eek

5uckerberg

HSC
Think of this as if you are acting in a play. Every lesson ought to have a story from personal experience. Express it. Involve with your audience such as asking questions and etc. There may be others. Note you also need to show that you are like them and have struggled and students usually love a tutor who has been through the experience and has overcome such a difficulty.

mikrokosmos

HSC
Think of this as if you are acting in a play. Every lesson ought to have a story from personal experience. Express it. Involve with your audience such as asking questions and etc. There may be others. Note you also need to show that you are like them and have struggled and students usually love a tutor who has been through the experience and has overcome such a difficulty.
Thank you! We have to teach the interviewer though, would it be the same

dasfas

HSC
The most important thing is to put yourself in the students shoes and build concepts from the ground up. Too often I see teachers start teaching something using acronyms / concepts that we haven't even learnt yet, which just leaves everybody confused. It's better to overexplain rather than underexplain. Always try to have a back and forth between the students - test their knowledge using questions and try to guide them to the answer without explicitly telling them the solution. It is up to them to have that "aha" moment.

ruminguyen

HSC
1. Clothes: Should wear formally (suits recommended)
2. Prepare some techniques and methods suitable for you as well as useful in many cases
3. Before starting, inhale deeply in order to have more calm and confidence. Drink enough water as well to have smooth voice

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)