Intro to Business law? anyone? (1 Viewer)

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
Does anyone do intro to business law? I noticed there was another thread on intro to law but i think they might be different as I didnt have a quiz..

so anyone? we have our assignment due this week and have some questions.. unfortunately our lecturer is a nazi and she wont allow any questions to be posted on the webct..

L

LaraB

just post your question in here:)

there's plenty of business and law students here who regardless of whether they'er doing IBL at the moment, may be able to help you out

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
OH MY GOD yes!! ive been waiting for a thread to come up about this unit. HOW MUCH DOES THE ASSIGNMENT SUCK?!?!?! i hate it. sturggling so bad. its due in 3 days and ive only just began part a). Ive only got like 190 words lol.

umm with the 1500 word limit, how are you splitting it up between the two questions?? and do you talk about both cases in the strengths and weaknesses?? for some reason i can only apply neils case to the carlill smoke ball case. its hard to link it to the other one

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
ahahha i know man i know..

im trying to find out the principles involved in "carlill v. carbolic smoke ball company" and if anyone has information on analaysing precedents and answering them from a business perspective please step forward and claim you prize... MWA (or even precedents at all!!)

the lecturer named a few, but they arent availble online.. so was maybe hoping someone here had anything..

word limit... question A is worth 12 marks, question B is worth 3.. 1500 limit, apply maths...

Question A = 1200 words, Question B = 300 words.

shell which tutorial are u in?

L

LaraB

krisk85 said:
ahahha i know man i know..

im trying to find out the principles involved in "carlill v. carbolic smoke ball company" and if anyone has information on analaysing precedents and answering them from a business perspective please step forward and claim you prize... MWA (or even precedents at all!!)
PM me - i've got notes on theses from Contracts Law....

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
I LOVE YOU LARA!!!!!

btw lara your in my other classes lol, like management foundations..

L

LaraB

krisk85 said:
I LOVE YOU LARA!!!!!

btw lara your in my other classes lol, like management foundations..
lol i have no idea who you are :)

you mean class as in tute? or just lectures?

Kris n Nat - will try sending you the stuff soon - for some reason my copmuter isn't letting me attach docs to emails or PMs or anything again.... grr... stupid fix-it man didn't fix the problem... but will try again later:)

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
just the subject am not in ur tutorial, i saw jennifer a few times too

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
no fuckin idea man, if you find out let me know..

i noticed on one of the lecture powerpoints something about 1787 and 1788 and i think it might be about jurisdiction... maybe

if you figure it out, DONT FORGET ME!!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
LOL i just started part b) today, hahaha the day before its due. Im so good.

i have no idea what im dribbling on about, although something to do with the fact that precedent rules still aply no matter what perid of time. so like, 100 years before Carlill was decided, it doesnt matter! something about how states hadnt been formed? no jurisdiction? we followed the legal system from England.

god this is so fucked. and Kris, im in the 9-10 tute just before the lecture. what campus are you at? im at campbelltown

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i dunno hwo to reference. i just listed every source i used. i couldnt give a fuck anymore. my printers fucked so i had to go to a mates to print it. theres no word minimum thankgod. coz i only got 900 words. im so over it

= Jennifer =

HSC
some one called me to help them out with theirs they told me it was due thursday, it is pretty hard for students who have never done contracts and have never done legal problem solving I had to think about it for a couple of minutes before answering.

Good luck all!

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
jennifer its got NOTHING to do with contracts.. only precedent..

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
= Jennifer = said:
Those cases are contract law cases, entering a competition as your assignment was constitutes as a contract :)
yer ok, but was that wat the assignment asked? your friend will find out when he gets his assignment back lol

Jonathan A

HSC
I'll clarify it for you, being a mentor and tutoring students in the unit.

The Assignment was entirely on precedent. Jennifer is right as it is an issue of contracts formation. The assignment was based on Doctrine of Stare Decisis (Precedent) and legal problem solving skills. I agree it was a tough on.

I am of the firm opinion (note opinion), that had Callil been decided in 1787, it would make no difference.

----

If you have any problems or need help with this unit I have a mentoring session this Thursday at 2-3pm at Parramatta Campus - EDG 79. Well worth it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)