Introduced Species (1 Viewer)

mang

not really...
the management question was awesome because i covered it in earth and geog
everything else was super

Cognosis

is awesome
HSC
yeah you reckon. I'd been studying salvinia and rabbits all night, and there was bloody nothing on them in the exam. Did anybody else think the graphed question took way too long, and the question about ecosystem rehabilitation to be pretty out of whack?

bob_the_penguin

theres nothing wrong with them not putitng the case studies in, it made the whole thing even easier, just write about long reef and your set. i cant see how u could complain about that test at all, it was rediculosly easy, everything was so general

Nerd Queen

"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nut-shell, and co
HSC
yea i agree, im glad it was lacking in case studies cuz i generally do better in other questions i didnt put much work into the case studies though (luky 4 me) i just read over my notes so i rekon i would hav been unprepared if it came up. yea the grapg q took way long! i wrote TWO PAGES for that stupid 2 mark question about the trends, n 3 pages 4 the 7 mark one which is ok i guess, but TWO PAGES for 2 mark i thought was ridiculous

wat did u guys rite 4 dat neway?

haejin

i wrote pages and pages for the 7 mark one..did Long Reef, talked about how its unorthodox compared to the Bradley method etc etc...
I just found out i did bad on the multiple choice..got 2 wrong as far as i can tell so far.
witht he question about the 2 photos, i thought itld be better to ask what woudl happen with extensive watering, you coudl talk alot more about erosion and leaching, and salt scalds etc.

bob_the_penguin

yeah but that would require people to actually think. Earth is the most general subject u can do, even the more complex aspects of the course border or general knowledge and its not like they'll test u on it anyway. and im not saying this cause im smart and get good marks, cause in every other subject i do fairly average due to a lack of work, but i do less in earth (=nothing) and still managed to get 87% for my trial on a paper that was much harder than todays. im not winging tho, i love earth because of these things = D saying to ur parents "i got 70% in bio" always sounds better when followed with "but guess what i got 87% in earth!"

Danoz The Great

HSC
That was a very easy section. I wrote 1/2 page for that two marker on the trends, two pages on the 7-marker...think I nailed it. Brought a lot of biology stuff in it.

foxtale

IMO, that was the easiest one out of all the options. I wrote so much (5 pages) on Long Reef, and spent a long time on the other questions as well.

I almost laughed out loud when I saw the two photos in the reading time. What did you guys talk about? I discussed salinity, sunlight penetration, wind movement and opportunity for weeds to grow.

some girl

HSC
I did not like that section at all! I wanted there to be case study questions but there was none or hardly any. The geaph totally killed me but I think I got the trend of it alright lol... That garden question was easy but the 7 marker I think kind of stopped my flow of ideas lol... I don't even think I was taught a named ecosystem -____-

haejin

foxtale said:
IMO, that was the easiest one out of all the options. I wrote so much (5 pages) on Long Reef, and spent a long time on the other questions as well.

I almost laughed out loud when I saw the two photos in the reading time. What did you guys talk about? I discussed salinity, sunlight penetration, wind movement and opportunity for weeds to grow.
Lol, which is why your gonna scale our school up mate.
I refrained from the word 'salinity' because theres no water beign added to the water table, but i did imply that salinity coudl occur with the addition of water, due to the short roots that introduced species have as aopposed to Australian species. Then i talked about how the drought could result in the loss of the grasses, exposing the top spoils to wind movement and therefore erosion occurs, etc etc. For the other photo, it woudl have been alot easier to talk more about if it was about excessive irrigation or something. Run off!

Sarah 05

anyone who does geography would have nailed the ecosystem question. i saw it nd nearly burst out laughing, a third of the geo course is that. i still cant quite see where in the ees course we needed 2 know a case study like that, but im not complaining it was a great question. i agree with the photos though i saw the one with the path and thought they might have been going 2 ask a question on how paths, roads etc. do not allow water to penetrate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)