ipod help needed (1 Viewer)

2ndbest

Erratic Member
HSC
my ipod wont load anymore songs onto it, it isnt full because i deleted songs, which did delete off my ipod, but new songs just wont load on. it doesnt come up with an error message, just says finished downaloding when it hasnt done anything...any advice would be greatly apreciated

Chickadee

Ameslee
HSC
try this!

are all your songs that are on your ipod, also on your computer? if so, wipe the ipod and then try updating it! If the songs aint already on your comp just find some software that takes all the songs off your ipod and puts them on your comp, it does exist, ive used it. hope this helps!

Callistogenic

HSC
Download the latest iPod updater from Apple:
www.apple.com/ipod/download/

Install this, then reformat the iPod. Depending on what generation it is, you might need to have your AC adapter close by. (It also depends on what platform you're using.)
If it asks to 'reflash your Firmware' disconnect the iPod and connect it to AC power. (Or just use your Firewire if you're on a Mac or a PC with it.)
Let the iPod install the software (you should see a progress bar underneath the Apple logo) and restart for itself before finally reconnecting the iPod.

If my steps aren't entirely clear, you can PM me :) Also, if you could leave your specs, that might help too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)