IPT Hypocrisy (1 Viewer)

Kid Kamikaze

i'm wrapping up some study for my trial exam (tomorrow) and i'm
coming across more and more bullshit that continously renders this course an abortive one.

do you find the keywords make the question more oblique than originally intended?

this keywords are to make your answer more precise...cool...but in a practice paper an 'explain' question got skewed to what i deem to be a 'list' in the answers.

the other day in class 5 of my teacher's responses were incorrect according to the BOS...great.

the BOS make up terminology foreign to people in the real world.

plenty more i can say but i will part on this note, can all the IPT teachers that prowl this board get down off their ivory towers? You are responsible for bolstering our marks, not furthering the divisive line of us and you. If someone didnt get close to 100% last year ultimately whose fault is that? Don't then rub it in our faces that 'we're not up to scratch' if you want to implement new courses then get it right before you implement it and make sure the lines are drawn clearly...

I'm tired, angry and im close to positive tomorrow will be a flunk. Flipping through notes (or lack thereof) I realise I'm doomed if we wrapped up our final option topic on friday and nothing is clearer.

Optimisim is bereft in IPT these days...feel me?

>>That was meant to be posted last thursday but I couldn't. I did the exam and while being manageable I know I c.ocked up frequently ah well.

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Hmm... See the 'IPT Unisyd' Topic... Lotsa groans about.

I think the only teacher needing get off his high-horse is the second guy at the Uni of Syd Seminar... #:cool:

do0d

ahhh the memories
i remember going thru the ipt book in detail near the end and started realizing how little help it was and how much redundant and repeated info was in it
ehhehe

the best thing for all of u is just to bite the bullet, is that an expression? :), and learn what they tell u.
learn to bs
learn the social bs aspects
learn to bs
learn how to manage ure time with certian questions in tests
and of course learn to bs really quickly and without much thought :D
ull be fine that way

sshh

HSC
N/A
Kid Kamikaze

FWIW - I also feel this is a pretty poor course, and I really like teaching computing.

If there are any ppl who would really like to change this course for the better then get a list of errors, shortcomings, concerns or otherwise and send to CSTA (computer studies teachers association). Realise, there are alot of teachers who want to see a number of things in this course reviewed (read fixed). Maybe your contributions could help??

e.g. I feel social aspects is important - but overdone. I feel the social aspects dominate the course outcomes (hence so many exam q's on this area) to the detriment of other aspects. I feel the IT processes are given too much emphasis (importance). The communicatiosn topic appears confused - do the syllabus authors want students to develop and demonstrate MCSE standards of knowledge or do they just want ppl to be able to use comunciations, more clarification req'd?? The DSS topic has too much emphasis on low end spreadsheet as DSS - it should have a larger emphasis on expert systems, neural networks would not be practical (possible) at high school level.

regards
sshh

sshh

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by criminal
MCSE standards of knowledge - people are born at that level...
another spammer just trying hard to build up their post count
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)