IPT required for computer science (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I am currently picking year 11 and 12 subjects and have the option to do information and processes technology. I plan on studying computer science at uni and wanted to know if IPT is required or strongly recommended if you plan on pursuing a degree in this field. I really do not want to do it however as i have heard from many sources that it is difficult and boring so if possible i would prefer not to take it.

It is kind of urgent and any help is appreciated.

Flop21

HSC
No it's not required.

Other's might help you on whether it's good for it or not, I didn't do it.

HSC
N/A
Ok thanks I don't think i will do it

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you should actually look through the IPT syllabus to know what you study, hearing from sources is quite unreliable because the difficulty and interest of a subject depends on the engagement of the teacher and the personal preference of the individual studying that course, you are better off seeing for yourself what content there is and make a more informed judgment based on that.

Kolmias

HSC
If you want to do comp sci, make sure to do MX1

vurnator

HSC
IPT is not related to Computer Science in anyway except maybe the unit on processing in prelims, computer science is more about how computer work and the study of algorithms and data structures. IPT however is more about how computers effect businesses. I am currently doing IPT and I absolutely hate it, word of advice, if you are not good at English do not do IPT.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Agreed it's not really related to comp sci (AFAIK) since IPT is more about information processing. That being said IPT has been one of the most useful things I've ever done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)