Irp (1 Viewer)

j.c.ka

HSC
i just started my HSC year and have just reicived notification for the irp. its due in the first few weeks of next year and im having alot of trouble trying to decided on a topic.

my teacher isnt being 2 helpful in thsi regard and has knocked back all of my topics so far, as te topic needs to be decided on by monday i need some help.

i've narrowed my options to 2:

1. That enforcing a cerfew on p-platers will have no positive impact on their wellbeing (or something to that effect, comparing accident stats and results of NZ's cerfew to that of p-platers attitiudes in sticking to the law i.e if they weill put them self in danger by breaking the law by driving with out them etc).

2. That the gym is used as an accesory; female aged between 14-20 who go to the gym make no other effort in creating a healthy life style for them selves.

i think i just need some extra advice outside the class rooom???

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
I think the first option is more interesting, because everyone i know that has their p's say if the curfew comes in they will just drive without their p's so I think it will just make it unsafe for everyone...

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Yeah I agree first question has much more depth. I wouldn't get too worried about the IRP. Do some brainstorming with friends, decide on a topic, do a little secondary research and if it doesn't work change your topic.

It is one thing to say stuff your teacher and do what you like, but unlike society and culture your teacher will probaly be marking it. So, if you still can't decide on a topic take your brainstorm sheet to your teacher and go through the pros and cons of each topic.

Remember, its the IRP - it doesn't have to be perfect. My topic was really abstract but I still got 93%. Just show that you made an attempt to do some primary and secondary research, show that you made an attempt to analyse and draw conclusions from your research.
Good luck

K__8

Definately like the idea about P Platers! Goodluck with it! :p

complicated87

HSC
my veiws

your ideas are good but you need to elaborate on them a little more so instead of just saying that the curfew enforced on p platers won't effect their well-being try rewording it that what i did btw is your teach male or female for mine i chose the topic of childhood obesity and how it effect people l8er on in life so i'd just try to reword it and maybe stay back after class and talk to your teach 1on 1 that all i can suggest

Cj_K

HSC
j.c.ka said:
i just started my HSC year and have just reicived notification for the irp. its due in the first few weeks of next year and im having alot of trouble trying to decided on a topic.

my teacher isnt being 2 helpful in thsi regard and has knocked back all of my topics so far, as te topic needs to be decided on by monday i need some help.

i've narrowed my options to 2:

1. That enforcing a cerfew on p-platers will have no positive impact on their wellbeing (or something to that effect, comparing accident stats and results of NZ's cerfew to that of p-platers attitiudes in sticking to the law i.e if they weill put them self in danger by breaking the law by driving with out them etc).

2. That the gym is used as an accesory; female aged between 14-20 who go to the gym make no other effort in creating a healthy life style for them selves.

i think i just need some extra advice outside the class rooom???
Option number one whilst a good idea will be a hot topic because of its publicity at the moment and the last thing you want to do is the same assignment as the rest of the class.. if your going to be the only one doing that topic go ahead and goodluck.. but if your not do the 2nd option...its different, exciting and will be something interesting to read from a markers point of view..remember teachers mark heaps of theses things and they get easily bored..if yours is different it will stand out from the rest and you cant get benchmarked against someone else.
Anyway GOODLUCK

melon

i say go with whichever one youre most comfortable with & whichever one will be - & i know this sounds like a bludgers opinion - the easiest for you to do, & still get a good mark

cos with the amount of work you have to do for the irp, HEAPS of people get really sick of them by the end, no matter how bril they were in the beginning

i mean i did a fairly easy topic & one i liked, & because of that, i think, i found it easy to keep going with it, & at the end i still liked it & i got a really good mark, for the effort i put in (which was slightly above minimal)

-a-s-h-i-

HSC
yeah i think the first one too...because not all girls use the gym as an accesory, i actually know alot of girls that go there for fitness! Its fun, and good for you at the same time..Personally i dont really know any girls who go there for attention or wateva..get me??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)