Is 10 Units Too Risky? (1 Viewer)

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Hey everyone,
I'm starting to doubt whether my decision to choose 10 units for the Hsc was a wise one.
Do you all think that 10 units is to risky and you should stick with 12 units or more (considering I did 4unit Maths)?

Thanks.:)

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
if you fk up 1 subject ur fk up ur life

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
better 12 units for a safety net incase u fk up

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
but u do coz you calculator blows up in the middle of 4u math

Exia_

HSC
10 units is never too risky if you actually do some work.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
@OP 10 units is never too easy nor too hard...

Ultimately you may have more time doing 10 units but most people just procrastinate and waste it all (or most of it). IMO it is better to just do 12 units as it is risky, if you do screw up there will be no backup (if you have a bad day or stress out in one exam).

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey everyone,
I'm starting to doubt whether my decision to choose 10 units for the Hsc was a wise one.
Do you all think that 10 units is to risky and you should stick with 12 units or more (considering I did 4unit Maths)?

Thanks.:)
If you choose 10 units, you need to make sure you are taking advantage of your extra free periods in comparison to people who do 12 units and actually do some substantial study, as long as you are committed to your study and perform CONSISTENTLY across all of your subjects at your optimal academic performance level, 10 units can still get you to your desired ATAR goal-whatever that may be.

Remember, minimise procrastination and maximise your concentration and determination to succeed. All my best wishes for you to ace your HSC studies this year:)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Only do 10 units if you're sure you can smash them. Otherwise you should consider having a back up of 1 or 2 units. If you're considering dropping 4unit, I wouldn't recommend you do 10 units.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
if you fk up 1 subject ur fk up ur life
I hope this is hyperbolic...I don't think OP will screw up their life if they didn't do well in one sub

Last edited:

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Thanks for the advise guys. It's just that I'm enjoying the 10 units but the remaining 2 are really annoying. (It's the subject,that I don't like and don't want to pick up a new one).

Reactions: x1
HSC
I would say 12 just to be on the safe side. Honestly, just don't drop a subject if you don't mind doing it. Don't drop it for more free periods and etc. Trials and the HSC can be quite unpredictable and sometimes things happen (learnt this from personal experience). But if you find that studying for 12 units is too difficult in the lead up to trials, then just drop it. You'll know it's the right decision yourself when the time comes but if you're doing fine now just keep it as it is.

Hopp

HSC
10 Units is fine :) I was initially doing 15 units at the start of year 12 (although I never planned to keep 15 units), due to 4u English and Hix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)