• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is a ATAR of 80 still possible? (2 Viewers)

ihatehsc24

HSC
Hi,

As the title says, I was wondering if an ATAR of 80 is still possible with my current rankings and if so, what raw marks will I need in the HSC?

My Ranking For Each Subject:
Math Standard (Band3)- 31/100
English Standard (Band4)- 8/100
IPT (Band3-4)- 9/18
SDD (Band3-4)- 17/26
Business Studies (Band2)- 44/74

Thanks!

Demons

HSC
idk but I can tell you tips to help you maximise your ATAR since I do almost literally all the subjects you do except business.

Maths - Grind past papers only way to improve and look at sample solutions to try help learn how to do the questions
SDD - Practice your algorithms a lot and the content is pretty easy just link it all back to the scenario
IPT - same as SDD

ihatehsc24

HSC
idk but I can tell you tips to help you maximise your ATAR since I do almost literally all the subjects you do except business.

Maths - Grind past papers only way to improve and look at sample solutions to try help learn how to do the questions
SDD - Practice your algorithms a lot and the content is pretty easy just link it all back to the scenario
IPT - same as SDD
cheers man, will definitely keep these points in mind. I think I had a look at your "atar estimation" post and I think @jimmysmith560 could help in my as well. Hopefully they have a look at my post as well!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
ihatehsc24, would you be able to provide your school rank? This would provide a better idea of your cohort strength and as such would enable to pinpoint your current position more accurately. :)

Demons, I will get to your post as well when I get the chance. :)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Sure, my school is ranked 64.
Your school rank and your performance likely indicate that your school sets rather difficult tasks, especially Mathematics Standard and English Standard, which are your better-performing subjects. At the same time, your ranks in the rest of your subjects indicate that there is possibly greater room for improvement, which is an aspect that you can address through favourable performance in your HSC exams. As such, you should ensure that you thoroughly prepare for your HSC exams to ensure the best possible results and consequently significant improvement to your overall performance across your subjects.

Overall, based on this information, an ATAR of 80 is possible, subject to favourable HSC exam performance. Maximising your chances of reaching and exceeding an ATAR of 80 ideally requires band 5's in your HSC exams across your subjects. Of course, the higher the results, the higher your ATAR will end up being.

I hope this helps! :D

ihatehsc24

HSC
Your school rank and your performance likely indicate that your school sets rather difficult tasks, especially Mathematics Standard and English Standard, which are your better-performing subjects. At the same time, your ranks in the rest of your subjects indicate that there is possibly greater room for improvement, which is an aspect that you can address through favourable performance in your HSC exams. As such, you should ensure that you thoroughly prepare for your HSC exams to ensure the best possible results and consequently significant improvement to your overall performance across your subjects.

Overall, based on this information, an ATAR of 80 is possible, subject to favourable HSC exam performance. Maximising your chances of reaching and exceeding an ATAR of 80 ideally requires band 5's in your HSC exams across your subjects. Of course, the higher the results, the higher your ATAR will end up being.

I hope this helps! :D
This information definitely helps me a lot, thank you so much mate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)