Is a console game a text type? (1 Viewer)

Managore

HSC
Is a RPG (role playing game, ff7 specifically) a usable text type. The game shows the choices and results of different decisions of the characters whilst on their somewhat cliche journey to save the world. Should I use this text, if it's a text at all?

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
yes console/computer games are... i remember in class one time a student told the teacher he couldnt find any related texts. she ripped round and said "NAME you a nerd use one of those useless computer games you play as a related text"... apart from being extremely funny it suprised us that we can use it.

so yeah anyway, you are allowed to use a game!! just have to find techniques.... :S

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Although it had crossed my mind ages ago to do a console game (FF8) there's too much to say on it. Plus it made me look like a nerd :)

I did however use a subtitled anime which got me full marks. Yeah i know, it was all in japanese and it this was for an english assignment. My friend also did a chinese movie - "My Cousin the Ghost".

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
you can use them. But i think most teachers would advise against it..
They don't see they stuff as sophisticated enough..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
actually, i got comments similar to that. i was trying to mix things up a bit, (while also doing something easier for me) and i was told whatever i was using was a little superficial.

J

jhakka

Are you serious?! Man, if I knew we could use video games... :(

O-B-1 Ken-O-B

HSC
I know this may be a little too late to say this... but I would advise against using a console game (this applies to anyone who's doing next years HSC).

I once did use a console game (FFVII...) for my english assessment, and I got good marks for it, however you need to search each and every feature of the game in order to get some sense out if it is to be related to journeys. When writing it in an essay (and I tell you that it does not look good in an essay) you have to be specific as one feature of a game can have multiple impications of a journey. You could even write 2-3 paragraphs on just one feature! But since you need to focus on other texts, using a console game is not a good idea...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)