Is anyone else doing it? (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
My teacher told me "All the smart kids do it, so we're doing it".

Anyone want to confirm this quote, or at least make me feel better that my cohort is not the only one doing it?

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Depends. Do you go to a selective school ranked pretty high in the state? If not, you're screwed...especially since I think schools like James Ruse tend to do the more complex modules, texts, etc.

Essjaybee

HSC
My EE1 teacher says "we're doing it, so all the smart kids are doing it". She's head of department and brags that whenever we change a module, all the top schools follow us. So really it's the opposite quote.

But we moved from module B to module A and aren't really smart.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, unfortunately because of the bloody politicians - I don't know what we're ranked. We were ranked 540 last year, probably 700 this year because of one lone student who got a Band 6.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
if your doing this module good luck. It sucks and is really tedious. But good texts though easy reads and watches

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, after reading If on a winter's night a traveller I was hooked - it's an awesome book. Not my favourite, but my mind is opened and impressed. Similarly, when I was exposed to another experimental book - i.e. Mrs. Dalloway - I wanted to shoot myself.

Still, hopefully The French Lieutenant's Woman can live up to my hopes - i.e. very high.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
ah see i was speaking from a person who got stuck with Gender and langauge or whatever it was called, easy topic, lousy teacher, but very hard to to talk biasly in the essays. Textual sounded alot better and more interesting :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)