Is Design (visual communication) better at uts or uws! (1 Viewer)

Muchi

HSC
im wondering whether to stay in my offered communications course or change

RIPYSL

HSC
I hope this is a joke thread.:confused:
Are you REALLY comparing the two?

Muchi

HSC
its just that when reading different threads on this site, some say uws is better because of its practical approach and speciality in design but then others say uts has the best design degree in the whole state and that its incomparable & that its high in demand so theres a higher uai. Then people are saying that uai is according to demand and that uws is perceived as bad because its in the western suburbs. Im confused whether to stay with my offered degree of communications (media arts) at uws or to change to design if its good. i dont really know whom to beleive.

RIPYSL

HSC
Oh right.. so there's some seriousness to the thread.

Like you heard, it is incomparable..
Yes, uais are based on supply vs demand, but obviously there has to be a reason for UTS design's extremely high demand vs UWS design's extremely low demand..
I can't speak for UWS as I didn't really research into their design degree, (to be honest I didn't even know they offered one) but from what I found out about UTS design, they are famous because they do produce a lot of talents.

UTS News

Art & Design Education Resource Guide University of Technology, Sydney - Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building

The links above are some of the many examples. If you contact places like Frost design, which is regarded as one of the best design agencies in the biz, I'm sure you will come across plenty of UTS graduated designers working for them.

You should really consider going to their next open day and get all your questions answered. That's what I did before I made the decision to study at UTS, but I can assure you it was quiet convincing. The fact that they have industry connections, with guest lecturers from the industry etc.

Hope that helps. :)

Muchi

HSC
thanks you guys! i might stay in my media arts degree since theres such high cmpetition. i dont want to take the risk to move to design

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Err tbh UWS is a fine place to go to for a degree in visual comm... If you know the industry you'd know it's less about where you get your degree from and more about what sort of portfolio you have/who you know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)