Is doing 3 sciences hard for year 12? (1 Viewer)

deedz4

HSC
I plan to do bio, chem, physics, ext1 maths and advanced english for year 12 and drop modern history. I didn't properly study in year 11 so I can't gauge how rough the revision and homework will be, I'm really worried as my peers and some teachers believe that doing the three sciences is an unbelievable amount of work. Thoughts?

Hamburger823

HSC
I only did two sciences in years 11 and 12, but I knew three people who did all of them. Two people did accelerated chem in year 11 and only did bio and physics in year 12. The other started with all three sciences but dropped biology in year 12. They all said it would be immense work to do well across all three sciences. In addition, all went on to get an atar of 90+. Take that as you will. The content of year 11 builds the foundation of year 12 work but can be easily picked up when studying year 12 content.

Please don't let this scare you from doing all three sciences. You know yourself best, so make the decision using your judgement.

Vall

HSC
definitely not impossible, just requires consistent hard work (but most/all HSC subjects need that anyway). Guy at my school does chem, bio, phys, 4U maths and adv. english and he's like top 5 for chem and phys and 2nd in maths.

dsakvyilsa

HSC
I plan to do bio, chem, physics, ext1 maths and advanced english for year 12 and drop modern history. I didn't properly study in year 11 so I can't gauge how rough the revision and homework will be, I'm really worried as my peers and some teachers believe that doing the three sciences is an unbelievable amount of work. Thoughts?
I am only doing two sciences, however I think if they are all enjoyable and you are prepared to dedicate yourself to studying then I totally think you can do well in all three! It might be a lot of work, but don't let others put you off, do what's best for yourself :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)