Is Dr Du worth it in Year 12? (1 Viewer)

yodela123

HSC
I currently go to Dr Du, but I heard that he has separate classes for 4u and you have to do 2 classes per week, which is about 6 hours in total and tons of homework. It's also 10k for the year, which isn't a struggle but it's not cheap. I was wondering if it's actually worth it or if i should stick with a class that does the 4u course in one lesson. (I heard about maxx academy, is it any good?)

idkkdi

HSC
I currently go to Dr Du, but I heard that he has separate classes for 4u and you have to do 2 classes per week, which is about 6 hours in total and tons of homework. It's also 10k for the year, which isn't a struggle but it's not cheap. I was wondering if it's actually worth it or if i should stick with a class that does the 4u course in one lesson. (I heard about maxx academy, is it any good?)
a1 probably is worth it. dunno about other classes.

B1andB2

pyjama
HSC
2 classes per week, which is about 6 hours in total and tons of homework
This is with all/most tutoring centres if you’re doing 4u

It really comes down to whether you’re willing to cash out 10k for non-personalised support. Dr Du is too big, too many students, no in centre workshops or any support with school assessments and follows a very structured schedule.

Basically it’s not flexible if you can’t keep up.

s97127

HSC
a1 probably is worth it. dunno about other classes.
A1 is just a place for JR students to compete with each other. I will go there in year 12 if the best of the best go there. Otherwise, forget about it.

yodela123

HSC
A1 is just a place for JR students to compete with each other. I will go there in year 12 if the best of the best go there. Otherwise, forget about it.
I am currently in A1, but what I found is that Dr Du's hard questions aren't the type of questions to appear in exams. I like his thorough teaching but I need somewhere that can provide me with hard exam style questions.

s97127

HSC
I am currently in A1, but what I found is that Dr Du's hard questions aren't the type of questions to appear in exams. I like his thorough teaching but I need somewhere that can provide me with hard exam style questions.
Thank you. I've always wanted to hear someone from A1 class comment on Dr Du's questions. Have you seen problems from SCOM?

idkkdi

HSC
don't you go NSB? i heard there's a lot of NSB 4u students in A1 Du lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)