is hurlstone getting worse (1 Viewer)

kkk579

HSC
N/A
^genuinely curious coz my teachers r saying the school wasn’t as good as it used to be and that they started “changing” stuff. a lot of my relatives and ppl ik say the school is getting a lot worse now too. r the teachers and students good there??

carrotsss

HSC
^genuinely curious coz my teachers r saying the school wasn’t as good as it used to be and that they started “changing” stuff. a lot of my relatives and ppl ik say the school is getting a lot worse now too. r the teachers and students good there??
I can’t comment on the quality of the school but their band 6s have stayed relatively similar in the 250-300/year range

Nedom

HSC
I know people that go. From what I remember, they have a 4/10 science faculty, and an 8/10 HSIE faculty, with SAC and Legal Studies dragging it down, with the reason behind SAC being trash cause of 'woke', 'sexist' lesbian teacher that caused male students to drop the subject 2 weeks in. Right after their drop, I quote, the teacher switched into a different tone, along the lines of "Hey my babes, slayers, etc." on teams (in response to a now all-female class) (I have sources, trust) As for maths, there is a teacher teaching 4 units maths that wanted to teach 4 unit, but his capabilities don't really match his enthusiasm (which has deteriorated to some extent in the realisation of his ability to teach the topic). The other maths teachers are fine. As for the other faculties, I don't remember them talking about it, so idk. I also saw that they "changed" as you mentioned, whereby they are adopting the practices of high-performing schools (bell times/amount of classes in a day, something like that), but don't know if this is the cause of their degradation.

TL;DR - Yes, they are on a decline (have sources)

Masaken

HSC
I know people that go. From what I remember, they have a 4/10 science faculty
as someone who goes to a selective school (not hurlstone), i would say quite a few of them have a very 4/10 science faculty...

I also saw that they "changed" as you mentioned, whereby they are adopting the practices of high-performing schools (bell times/amount of classes in a day, something like that), but don't know if this is the cause of their degradation.
out of curiosity, what kind of bell times/amount of classes in a day procedures have they been adopting?

Nedom

HSC
as someone who goes to a selective school (not hurlstone), i would say quite a few of them have a very 4/10 science faculty...

out of curiosity, what kind of bell times/amount of classes in a day procedures have they been adopting?
I don't remember much cause it's been a very long time, but pretty sure they have 4 period days that are 80 mins long, instead of the conventional 60-minute 5 period days. They also have 20 minute recesses, followed by a 40 minute lunch after P2 and P3, before finishing off with P5. That's about all I remember, sorry. (Just checked on their website, so yeah, this is corrrect)

Edit: Oh yeah, not sure if it's just my school that doesn't do this, or just a 'high achieving school' thing, but they don't do sport from the start of Yr 11 rather than having it removed further into year 11 (where you can go home earlier, or have 3U maths fit in there)

kkk579

HSC
N/A
I know people that go. From what I remember, they have a 4/10 science faculty, and an 8/10 HSIE faculty, with SAC and Legal Studies dragging it down, with the reason behind SAC being trash cause of 'woke', 'sexist' lesbian teacher that caused male students to drop the subject 2 weeks in. Right after their drop, I quote, the teacher switched into a different tone, along the lines of "Hey my babes, slayers, etc." on teams (in response to a now all-female class) (I have sources, trust) As for maths, there is a teacher teaching 4 units maths that wanted to teach 4 unit, but his capabilities don't really match his enthusiasm (which has deteriorated to some extent in the realisation of his ability to teach the topic). The other maths teachers are fine. As for the other faculties, I don't remember them talking about it, so idk. I also saw that they "changed" as you mentioned, whereby they are adopting the practices of high-performing schools (bell times/amount of classes in a day, something like that), but don't know if this is the cause of their degradation.

TL;DR - Yes, they are on a decline (have sources)
curious as to how adopting the bell times of higher tier selective schools is going to help them 💀💀

Masaken

HSC
curious as to how adopting the bell times of higher tier selective schools is going to help them 💀💀
i honestly find it strange because my school does not follow those aforementioned bell times at all lmfao

what i find stranger is the sac teacher bit, i had to read that twice cos i couldn't believe my eyes

Nedom

HSC
I don't know which school they are trying to copy, so let's just call it 'School X'. School X could be achieving better results for a number of reasons, which I personally don't know are what. But anyways, there might be a certain advantage of doing subjects for a longer amount of time, i.e. the 80mins rather than the typical 60 minutes, and so having these longer periods might be more beneficial. Not that I know. They also seem to have a 20 minute recess after P1, so maybe since it's the start of the day, there really isn't a need for that much of a break, or it could be to add more time to the lunch, which is 40 minutes, especially after a 3 hour of learning (P2 and P3).

i honestly find it strange because my school does not follow those aforementioned bell times at all lmfao

what i find stranger is the sac teacher bit, i had to read that twice cos i couldn't believe my eyes
You said, "my school", so you go to Hurlstone? (Or I'm just shit at english) I don't know, but a person from the source from which I got the information before is a '23 hs graduate attending HAHS, so idk.

Nedom

HSC

I don't attend the school, so I wouldn't know myself. I'm just restating what I heard. As for the teacher part, the reason that reporting her or whatnot for whatever was wrong with her (i don't know what are all the points/the specifics) is that the female students in the class like the teacher, so yeah.

Last edited:

lnt

HSC
yeah hahs sucks. cant wait to leave this place lols and also everything said in this thread was facts unfortunately 💀

kkk579

HSC
N/A
yeah hahs sucks. cant wait to leave this place lols and also everything said in this thread was facts unfortunately 💀
LMAOOO ripp in years 7-10 y’all get so many assignments barely any exams imo
ik someone who goes there and no exams for english in years 7-10 lucky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)