is it possible??? (1 Viewer)

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
Original Poster said:
hey I just wanted to ask is it possible to get a 99 atar with standard math 2. I just hate myself right now for not pushing myself during year 9 and 10 but it is what it is. Would have loved the competition since in my year there's this one group of kids that beat each other by one or two marks but at the same time my brain would hurt
E10DA227-919A-4095-91A4-03839C5516FB.jpeg

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
Original Poster said:
standard english
standard math 2
chem
physics
legal
ancient ( might drop )
I reckon keeping History is good and dropping Chemisty or Physics is a good shout because their both hard science which require a bare minimum of Advanced Maths.

8=D

HSC
wat r u planning to do after hs that u want a 99 atar?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
As specificagent1 mentioned, you can achieve a 99+ ATAR with any combination of subjects. What may vary is the difficulty of achieving such an ATAR with different subject combinations. Additionally, your determination and diligence relevant to your studies are preparations are also crucial in ensuring optimal performance in your assessment tasks/exams and ultimately maximising your chances of achieving your desired ATAR.

To further support the notion that a 99+ ATAR is achievable with any combination of subjects, and with respect to your question, a 99 ATAR with Mathematics Standard 2 is definitely possible. Looking at the latest data from UAC, the highest ATAR that was achieved by a student who took Mathematics Standard 2 in 2020 was 99.85.

I hope this helps! 😄

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait I might be forever a dumbass but If you get a 99.9 ATAR does that mean you have the freedom to choose any uni degree/course?
A 99.9 ATAR provides a very wide array of degrees to choose from, although it does not guarantee you every single degree. For example, Medicine may require additional components to be successfully fulfilled (in addition to a very high ATAR), such as a high UCAT score in addition to favourable performance at an interview.

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
A 99.9 ATAR provides a very wide array of degrees to choose from, although it does not guarantee you every single degree. For example, Medicine may require additional components to be successfully fulfilled (in addition to a very high ATAR), such as a high UCAT score in addition to favourable performance at an interview.
Cheers Jimmy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)