Is it theoretically possible for me to get a 90 atar? (1 Viewer)

21cchen

HSC
My marks:
Math 2U: 72 - 8/24
English Adv: 67 - 18/40
Eco - 69 - 5/9
Physics - 74 - 6/11
Chem - 79 - 2/9

Im from a small independant school ranked in the 90s in the state if that makes a difference.
Even if I get 100% in my HSC (if they are happening) in every subject, is it still possible for me to get a 90 atar?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Some of your ranks, such as in Economics and Physics are a bit concerning, whereas other ranks, such as in Mathematics Advanced and Chemistry (particularly Chemistry) are pretty good. If you are yet to sit your trial exams, your focus must be on performing to the best of your abilities in order to improve across all your subjects (particularly English Advanced, Economics and Physics), resulting in favourable final ranks which consequently put you in a favourable position as you approach the HSC exams. If you have already completed your trial exams, then hopefully you would've performed to the best of your abilities, allowing you to achieve the benefits I just mentioned.

The good thing about the HSC exams is that they are worth 50% of your final mark for your respective subjects, meaning that they can have a significant positive effect on your final marks, and hence your ATAR, provided you are doing your utmost in terms of effort and study/preparation/revision across all your subjects. It is also important to keep in mind that your own marks in the HSC exams are solely determined by your own performance in each exam, meaning they are not affected by factors such as your school rank.

In other words, you might have a chance of reaching a 90 ATAR. However, it is important that you do your best to maximise your HSC exam marks, ultimately allowing you to achieve great final marks, which maximise your chances of achieving a 90 ATAR.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)