• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is it too late to receive the UAI i want? (1 Viewer)

sh0rty

HSC
Hey everyone,

Our school just did their half yearly exams and i received my about 3/4 of my results back. Im pretty dissapointed with my marks. My overall mark in the half yearlies was a bit below the year average.

Before my halfyearies my marks have been pretty decent and consistent, its just the trials that have screwed me over. - im doing 11 units,

Chem, Ancient, Maths Adv, SOR1, Geography, English Adv.

All my marks are over 70 percent, except for Ancient (which is in the 80's) and
Maths (60's).

Im wondering, whats the likelyhood of me receiving a high 80's to low 90 UAI? .. like what marks would i have to get on average in trials and hsc to get a high 80's uai.

Also, we have only done approximetely 45% of each subject

Thanks in advanced.
sh0rty

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
remember, youve only done half your assessment so far, which means theres still time to pull up those marks and those ranks.
you still have a chance of getting 80s or 90s UAI...it just means from now on, you have to work a bit harder for it

sh0rty

HSC
Phew, thats all i needed man.... reassurance!

Thanks alot.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
i think its never to late to receiev any UAI... as long as its not 99+
:)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
No and even if we had said it was would you try any less? I would think the answer would be no. So just try your best, that's all anyone can ask of you.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Last year a teacher reminded me that even when you've finished all your assessments you've still got 50% of your HSC to go! So don't get too discouraged at this point!!

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
It only becomes too late after you've put your pen down during the HSC exam.

You have AGES to improve your marks if you need to.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
you so better be right! :eek:
dont' worry. she is. haha

i improved my english mark dramatically during half yearlies -> trials -> hsc.

i basically failed every assessment up until (and including) half yearlies for english. then i started to put my foot down, actually reading the novels, writing notes, etc. and then, i started to imrpve and i got 77 i think.
so it's possible ;p

p.s : ii was receiving like .. 5/15's pre half yearlies .. 7/15 for half yaerlies, etc. >o<

HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
you so better be right! :eek:
Think about it, you have done about 40% of your school assessments, even less depends on the subject as well. So that means you're not even halfway through your subjects yet. Now, you have 60% of your school mark to go, which is plenty of time in itself to pick up your game...and that only contributes to 50% of your mark...and the rest to make up in HSC, worth 50%, which is about 6 or more months down the track. There's plenty of time, but if you really are falling behind, you need to pick up your game cos there's one assessment then trials.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
shinji said:
dont' worry. she is. haha

i improved my english mark dramatically during half yearlies -> trials -> hsc.

i basically failed every assessment up until (and including) half yearlies for english. then i started to put my foot down, actually reading the novels, writing notes, etc. and then, i started to imrpve and i got 77 i think.
so it's possible ;p

p.s : ii was receiving like .. 5/15's pre half yearlies .. 7/15 for half yaerlies, etc. >o<
how many hours a night did you do to improve that much?!

HSC
I'm not accusing you or anything, but I think you will find with a lot of English students, they simply just don't put the work and complain when their marks are shit when really its their fault. I was one of those students...hated english with a passion

honestly you've gotta just put work into it...have a look at other peoples work and see how they write, see what gets them their marks, what examiners look for that kind of thing and that will help you get started on your own essay. just keep handing in essay after essay to your teacher and get them to give you feedback...

hehehe...all the things i didn't do (well actually the thing i tried to do a couple of days before teh HSC exam started anyway, it improved my exam mark by 5%)...no wonder i only got 73 for english... :eek:

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
The best advice I can give is RELAX. I don't mean that in a patronising way. Just do 2-3 hours of work each afternoon (that includes homework, assignments AND study), make sure you do work on the weekend, start assignments early. Get out, get exercise, fresh air. Don't talk negatively to yourself and stress yourself into staying up late and working excessively.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
watatank said:
I'm not accusing you or anything, but I think you will find with a lot of English students, they simply just don't put the work and complain when their marks are shit when really its their fault. I was one of those students...hated english with a passion

honestly you've gotta just put work into it...have a look at other peoples work and see how they write, see what gets them their marks, what examiners look for that kind of thing and that will help you get started on your own essay. just keep handing in essay after essay to your teacher and get them to give you feedback...

hehehe...all the things i didn't do (well actually the thing i tried to do a couple of days before teh HSC exam started anyway, it improved my exam mark by 5%)...no wonder i only got 73 for english... :eek:
haha i was one of them too!! yay!
*high 5*

i dunno how many hours a night i studied on english to improve that much.
I don't record it. it makes me study less.

if i were to just aim for a goal for me to finish for that night, i would finish it.

like, write 2 practise essays or wahtever. and then hand it into tutor/teaacher to mark. then i would do another 2 (on the other modules) while she marked and when i received it back.. i would read over it and improve on it.

*nods*
i did like 6+ hours on saturdays though. lol on no specific subject.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
dagwoman said:
The best advice I can give is RELAX. I don't mean that in a patronising way. Just do 2-3 hours of work each afternoon (that includes homework, assignments AND study), make sure you do work on the weekend, start assignments early. Get out, get exercise, fresh air. Don't talk negatively to yourself and stress yourself into staying up late and working excessively.
I seriously have to agree with this, even though I've only been through 2 of the HSC units so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)