Is making notes for economics necessary? (1 Viewer)

notme123

HSC
Economics is a subject where understanding and logic prevail. Then is it necessary to make study notes on the subject, or is doing past qs more beneficial?

thetestdude

HSC
N/A
Both are beneficial. Notes familiarise you with the content while past questions allow you to apply what you've learned. Of course, there are different approaches to learning so making study notes may/may not necessarily be the best study method for you.

aandablitzer

HSC
In eco the number one thing you need in terms of notes is a really good stat bank. You need to build this up over the year so when you hit trials you can really wow your examiner. In terms of notes on content, I found doing past questions was more beneficial as I found it really helped me solidify my understanding of content. If you really want to take notes I'd keep them really succinct and just jot down key points and maybe some diagrams as well. Remember everyone is different though - I had lots of classmates who made really detailed notes and got very good marks.

notme123

HSC
Both are beneficial. Notes familiarise you with the content while past questions allow you to apply what you've learned. Of course, there are different approaches to learning so making study notes may/may not necessarily be the best study method for you.
Thanks for the advice. I have to find a method that really works well for me so I'm just trialling study notes to see how well it goes.

notme123

HSC
In eco the number one thing you need in terms of notes is a really good stat bank. You need to build this up over the year so when you hit trials you can really wow your examiner. In terms of notes on content, I found doing past questions was more beneficial as I found it really helped me solidify my understanding of content. If you really want to take notes I'd keep them really succinct and just jot down key points and maybe some diagrams as well. Remember everyone is different though - I had lots of classmates who made really detailed notes and got very good marks.
Thanks for reminding me about the stat bank. Also, as thetestdude said as well it's nice to know there are a lot of approaches to study for this subject.

aandablitzer

HSC
Thanks for reminding me about the stat bank. Also, as thetestdude said as well it's nice to know there are a lot of approaches to study for this subject.
yeah definitely keep mind that there are loads of correct approaches when it comes to making notes, what I said above is just what happened to work best for my learning style. But yes, imo a stat bank is essential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)