is mooting avail to first years? (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

Active Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
1,322
Location
asdads
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
I asked the admin at lvl 10 and they go ask lawsoc, so i go to lawsoc's site and it says 1st yr mooting doestn exist, but according to the mooting thread in this forum, and my law mentors, 1st yr mooting exists.

hence...

how/where do i sign up?
whats involved?
how do i get a partner? (auto assign? or pick one myself)
 

Newbie

is a roflcopter
Joined
May 17, 2003
Messages
3,670
Gender
Male
HSC
2003
hey dude! you chose unsw! :D

yeah theres mooting for first years
you will be doing torts cases
signups will be up soonish
its usually held towards the latter half of the session
you choose your partner unless you cant find one, then you will be paired off with someone else
 

Giant Lobster

Active Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
1,322
Location
asdads
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
heyy man
u do law?
wow small world

anyways, i cant find a partner yet.. still a nigel :p

where do u sign up?
is it via lawsoc's site or their office?
 

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
Joined
Nov 17, 2002
Messages
6,208
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
Giant Lobster said:
anyways, i cant find a partner yet.. still a nigel :p
i'll partner up with you if you're ruthless and hell-bent on winning at all costs. and if you don't mind a 2nd-year transferee :p
 

MoonlightSonata

Retired
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
3,645
Gender
Female
HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
i'll partner up with you if you're ruthless and hell-bent on winning at all costs. and if you don't mind a 2nd-year transferee :p
haha that's what I demanded too...
 

Newbie

is a roflcopter
Joined
May 17, 2003
Messages
3,670
Gender
Male
HSC
2003
just dont be too smart and embarass the judges if they are Newbie ;)
 

Giant Lobster

Active Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
1,322
Location
asdads
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
ahahaha im too crap to be paired up with a pro atm

... and i want a partner of the opposite sex :)
 

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
Joined
Nov 17, 2002
Messages
6,208
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
Giant Lobster said:
... and i want a partner of the opposite sex :)
it is my discriminatory assumption that chix are not ruthless enough to win at all costs...

and yes john, i will rebuke u if you fcuk up judging me :p
 

MoonlightSonata

Retired
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
3,645
Gender
Female
HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
it is my discriminatory assumption that chix are not ruthless enough to win at all costs...

and yes john, i will rebuke u if you fcuk up judging me :p
I'll be judging too >:]
 

Giant Lobster

Active Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
1,322
Location
asdads
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
Sonata are you judging?

I suddenly dont want to moot anymore :(

ahaha

well in case i change my mind, where exactly (and by when exactly) must I sign up?
 

Lazarus

Retired
Joined
Jul 6, 2002
Messages
5,966
Location
CBD
Gender
Male
HSC
2001
You'll be able to sign up via the LawSoc website at the end of the break.

We'll email everyone with the relevant details when that happens.

The first-year competition is Beginners Mooting.
 

MoonlightSonata

Retired
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
3,645
Gender
Female
HSC
N/A
spell check said:
how do you become a judge for the beginners comp?

what's the criteria?
Generally you should have done torts and preferably mooted before
 

spell check

Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
842
Gender
Male
HSC
1998
MoonlightSonata said:
Generally you should have done torts and preferably mooted before
i've done both of those

what else?

i can be harsh too

and erratic in my judgments
 

MoonlightSonata

Retired
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
3,645
Gender
Female
HSC
N/A
spell check said:
i've done both of those

what else?

i can be harsh too

and erratic in my judgments
hehe don't be too harsh, it's their first time mooting after all :)

Just submit your details when the new Lawsoc site is finished. Laz and I were working on it - he's doing all the technical things like the sign-up forms though. Should be done within the next week or so?
 

rukawasan

Top Stuff
Joined
Jun 2, 2003
Messages
610
Gender
Male
HSC
2003
Hi guys,

Me and Mraverage are co-ordinating Beginner's Mooting this year. Laz is the biggie who looks after us haha. Yups like Laz said you'll be able to sign up after the recess. There'll be two information sessions either in Week 5 or 6 where we'll tell you abt what's involved, how to prepare your case, how to structure your submissions, etiquettes, plus there'll also be a brief mock moot to give you an sneak preview...

you can pick your partners i think but if you havent picked by the end you'll be assigned a partner...
 

MoonlightSonata

Retired
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
3,645
Gender
Female
HSC
N/A
rukawasan said:
Hi guys,

Me and Mraverage are co-ordinating Beginner's Mooting this year. Laz is the biggie who looks after us haha. Yups like Laz said you'll be able to sign up after the recess. There'll be two information sessions either in Week 5 or 6 where we'll tell you abt what's involved, how to prepare your case, how to structure your submissions, etiquettes, plus there'll also be a brief mock moot to give you an sneak preview...

you can pick your partners i think but if you havent picked by the end you'll be assigned a partner...
You know, I wanted to organise beginners, but you seemed to have got it through connections with Michael :)

...so I'm gonna own you two in your junior comp instead >:]
 

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
Joined
Nov 17, 2002
Messages
6,208
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
MoonlightSonata said:
...so I'm gonna own you two in your junior comp instead >:]
Mr MS, in mooting should i partner up with a chick i like or a guy who is as ruthless as me?
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top