Is Pe fucked? (1 Viewer)

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
I dont know about the rest of you but it is my humble opinion that PDHPE has seriously gone down hill over the past few years. It used to be all about sport and physical activity, getting out in the sun and learning through experience. But now its all about the body, and the healthcare system and its all straight out of a textbook. Endless days of sitting in a classroom writing notes, dreaming of going out into the sun and playing a bit of footy, soccer, anything that dosent involve sitting and writing.
Is it just me or does anyone else understand what the fuck i am talking about?? :(

Rob Hallett

yeah iu understand where you are coming from but did noone tell you that the HSC was acctually hard wrok
How could we have time to do Prac lessons like yr 7-10 there is soo much work in the PDHPE course that is why it is one of the hardest subjects
all i have to say
you work hard you get the marks

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Im aware that its a hard subject, thanks for clarifying that :rolleyes:

Mac.D

woah, i feel for you guys, we had pd as last lesson every week on friday and our teacher refered to that as our "blow out lesson" where we went outside played soccer or touch, or went to the hall and played slide hockey. but to make up for it we had a lesson before school on a monday which sucked ass, esspecially after a big weekend when you didnt get much sleep.

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Man you guys are lucky to ba able to do that much!!

The last lesson we went outside to do something was over 4 MONTHS AGO.

now thats just fuckin wrong :mad:

Mac.D

at the begining of this year we didnt go out tho, i think we did for core 2, when we were measuring recovery times, how long it took for our heart rate to go back to normal after exercise.

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Yeah we did a bit of that too while we were doing that core. But although it was good(and im not complaing) running flat chat for 3km is not what i call entertaining :p :p

JEEBUS

Yeah i understand where you are all coming from, but i myself and not a sporty person. I like the occasional game here and there, but i think that it is important for us to learn the content of the course now cause we are able to pass this information to others.
The way the course is fucked, is that they expect us to actually learn all that content and there is a lot of it. Out of all my subjects, PDH has the most content. So, if physical activity was to be included, content would have to be cut out and i dont see the board of studies doing that unless you go to a super school and you can finish the course early. Which i dont think is likely

bullockwill

YEH PHP IS FUKED !!!

I WOULD EVEN RATHER PHYS AND CHEM!!! AND I AM HEAPS SPORTY

2 MUCH CRAP ABOUT THE HEALTH SYSTEM AND SHIT 4 ME

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)