• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

is the concept of truth too cliche (1 Viewer)

Jacks

HSC
well I think it depends on how you approach it...what exactly did you have in mind? You might have to be a little more specific, though there are always new ways of dealing with concepts so if you take a fresh approach it should be fine.

veridis

droog
HSC
yes, but so is everything else so dont worry. dont try and second guess what topic the markers will like, just do what you feel strongly about and think you can do a good piece on

Jacks

HSC
that's right, I mean markers will be marking a large amount of different major works...so I'm sure you'll be covering something someone else has covered in some way. It's really hard these days to come up with something entirely original...so just go with what you think you'll be able to convey and present the best. If it's something that interests you, or something that you are passionate about, that passion will probably overide the fact it's been done before...and probably allow you to give a new spin to it. If you do it well, which I'm sure you will, it doesn't really matter what you choose.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
didn't someone who did crime fiction as their major work get marked down?
cos truth is a integral part of the thus named module, telling the truth....

Jacks

HSC
I'm not sure, but that would seem extremely stupid since our major works are supposed to demonstrate a link to our other english classes...I don't think taking a concept is a problem, if you do something different with it. Though these are questions you guys can ask if you go to those EE2 study days...it would be worth raising if you're worried.

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
truth is a really broad concept, it really depends how ur going to do it

if done well, it could pay off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)