is the HSC exams easier than the trials or the opposite? (1 Viewer)

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
out of Curiosity, do you think the hsc exams gonna be easier than the trials that the year 12's did, im basing it on knowledge and questions being possibly set for the hsc and the trial results because i asked a few hsc students who did their hsc last year, they said that the hsc is easier than the trials.....

what you's think?

HSC
thats probably because you just did exact/similar type of exams less than 2 months prior, plus you essentially study for it twice and point out your weaknesses, thats probably why

not many hsc exams are 'easier' nobody can predict difficulty for hsc, for example last years general maths exam was a peice of cake and it was critisised for being too easy, so you can guess what they're going to do to us this year :(

Last edited:

tennille

HSC
I think there is already a thread on this somewhere in here. But here are my thoughts: The trials seem to be harder because you have only just completed your HSC courses and therefore haven't had enough time to review everything. However, for the HSC exams, you would have had enough time to revise everything thoroughly so it seems to be easier. Also, your trials are the first HSC-style exams that you really do. At the time, you probably don't know what to expect and all.

Gummy_bear

HSC
one of my teachers recons that they make the trials harder so people will get a bad mark and start studying like mad ^^

Peartie

HSC
It also depends on your school...some schools set really easy papers so that students marks go ^^^ whereas somew schools set moderate papers and some set hard papers to try and encourage more work from the students but i think, from looking at past papers and other schools trials, in comparrison to my school HSC will be a little bit easier....

X

xeuyrawp

I would think that the trials are literally harder, but the HSC is mentally more hard. The trials will generally be academically harder for most schools, as the HSC is catered for everyone in the state. The trials are also a way of the school stretching you as far as you can go; and I think that the HSC as just the bos' test means that the final paper is easier to answer.

That being said, the HSC exam comprises of 50% of the final mark in the majority of subjects, so I think the stress and the amount of study means that the whole experience is 'harder'.

illodous

Angels...
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I would think that the trials are literally harder, but the HSC is mentally more hard. The trials will generally be academically harder for most schools, as the HSC is catered for everyone in the state. The trials are also a way of the school stretching you as far as you can go; and I think that the HSC as just the bos' test means that the final paper is easier to answer.

That being said, the HSC exam comprises of 50% of the final mark in the majority of subjects, so I think the stress and the amount of study means that the whole experience is 'harder'.
I agree - essentially, Trial Exams are created with a greater scope of difficulty to force you into greater revision for your actual HSC, which as PwarYuex has stated, is catered for the entire state. I noticed that different Trial papers have differing opinions on the phrasing of questions for the HSC - many are quite obscure and limited. The HSC doesn't set out to trick you, but in many cases is there for you to push past the limitations of the bland, generic question and demonstrate a deep knowledge and understanding.
For example, one of the AOS trial papers for this year, had the creative section as bland as pie:

"Write a story about a journey with unexpected outcomes".

The scope for creativity and insight here is amazing - let us compare this to another question:

"Use any of the following stipulated stimulus quotes, compose a story that conveys the notion of Journeys:
"Got your groove back,"
"Well, I don't know now."
"Back to the past we go!"

We'll all do fine this year :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)