Is this fair? (1 Viewer)

kfnmpah

HSC
I'm studying maths teaching, we have a paper due today. I've finished it, so have a lot of other people.
I just read on facebook another guy in my degree 'it'll be a monday morning job'. I told him it was due today, he said our tutor said he could hand it in on monday and gave him a 'don't tell anyone' look.

I know this guy, he's lazy as shit and I've worked my butt off to get it in today and it's still not as good as it could have been, is it fair she gave him an extension when he hasn't had any difficult circumstances to deal with, he's just lazy?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Assuming that an extension was actually given, then no it isn't fair and there are probably grounds for complaint.

For some reason I'm a little skeptical that the person in question is being 100% truthful.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Complain

Complain right now

The only thing worse than freeloaders in group assignments are people that get the rules bent for them "just because". Tutor's getting paid to do a job which they obviously aren't doing too well.

This isn't just about you either, it's about the rest of the students in your class that are being fucked over by both your tutor and this guy

edit: to answer your question, no this is very unfair and isn't even tolerated in the HSC

kfnmpah

HSC
Assuming that an extension was actually given, then no it isn't fair and there are probably grounds for complaint.

For some reason I'm a little skeptical that the person in question is being 100% truthful.
nope. sounds like my tutor. last assessment was also due friday during our tut, the friday before at the end of the lesson after half the class had left she told the remaining people if they hadnt done it just hand it in monday. the other half who had left didnt find out until other people told them like the day before on facebook.

who do i complain to? or should i just hand it in monday and if she says anything, i'll complain?

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
whose fault for people that left early? Learn to open an eye, close an eye. Life isn't fair, deal with it. Mind your own business, such trival issue not even worth the time to complain.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
nope. sounds like my tutor. last assessment was also due friday during our tut, the friday before at the end of the lesson after half the class had left she told the remaining people if they hadnt done it just hand it in monday. the other half who had left didnt find out until other people told them like the day before on facebook.

who do i complain to? or should i just hand it in monday and if she says anything, i'll complain?
I'm not sure who you should complain to exactly.. What about the unit convenor as a starting point? Also hand it in on the date that you and the tutor originally agreed on.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
I think she has legitimate grounds to pursue a complaint, is there a reason she shouldn't?
what do you think the OP would achieve? Instead of obtaining an extension, i think that person is just going to receive an academic penalty. then shit will go down.

all universities give reasonable deadlines, she says her paper could be better given more time, i think she had ample time to submit her best piece of work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)