Is tutoring useful/necessary in year 7 (1 Viewer)

jinahsong7678

HSC
Hi
My son started high school this year. He is an average kid, hates school and studying and never had tutoring in his life. However, friends have told me to get him started on maths and english tutoring as everyone is doing it and if you don't it will be hard for him to keep up. Mind you their kids all went to selective high schools....im not so sure, will tutoring help him in year 7?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Your son, in year 7, needs absolutely no tutoring. Unless if he is falling behind or needs special learning it simply is not necessary for him.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Would depend on his goals? Has he expressed any interest doing tutoring?

jinahsong7678

HSC
No not at all...he is interested in the film industry. Lighting and cameras that sort of thing

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
No not at all...he is interested in the film industry. Lighting and cameras that sort of thing

Let him be a kid for now, if he is still interested in that stuff later on then he can look at alternative pathways like Sydney Film School https://www.sydneyfilmschool.com/ or there are some university degrees now as well relating in that area

Accurate

clix
HSC
Depends on the goal I guess, most people won't need it though.

ahri

HSC
A lot of people start in year 7 to further accelerate themselves (especially in maths) to get ahead for senior years. Not necessary in my opinion unless he is not motivated to study, falling behind or not understanding concepts though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)