Isys123 (1 Viewer)

dolbinau

HSC
Ok, I've heard it's extremely easy.

Are practicals compulsory?

Are tutorials compulsory?

I hope it can be another "STAT170" unit I never need to go to, but can manage a HD. (Though I also heard it's extremely difficult to get a HD too, so maybe not).

thanks

russs

yeeeee
HSC
It's easier than STAT170.

You don't need to attend anything except practical assignments to pass, which are:

- A word document
- Excel document
- Powerpoint Presentation
- Access Database

This is the easiest unit at uni. It's hard to get an HD.

dolbinau

HSC
Thanks. Also, is it like STAT170 in that - we are given the practical/tutorial work on a folder or something that we can do at home?

I.e. do we actually get taught things in the Practical/Tutorial or is it all self-directed? (Since if it isn't self-directed missing it does not seem like the best idea :p)

russs

yeeeee
HSC
STAT170 is way more involved - there is crap to submit every week, with the WASPS, GNATS and all.

This just has practical assignments and a practical test - where they ask you questions based on the assignments. You do the practical assignments in pracs, where the tutors help you out with them.

Your mark will really depend on your experience with IT. If you understand what the CPU does, how Excel/Access work and the basic computer terms, you will pass the unit if you sit the test today.

dolbinau

HSC
It's pretty funny the lecturer mentioned BOS and about not turning up to things in this unit, I wonder if he was referring to this thread.

The lecturer was/is pretty cool though, but I found/find it concerning that he claimed 'Virtual Memory' virtually (no pun-intended) does not exist for consumer products (or all products, can't remember which) anymore, and that it was only widely used in the mid 90s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)