ITT: we motivate each other to exercise and keep at it! (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Ive been meaning to increase my fitness level for a while because i live quite a sedentary life and i want to be fit and strong like i was a few years ago. A psych course i am taking now gives me the reason because part of it is designing and sticking with a fitness program.

I started my "program" today and it nearly killed me, all it is, is a 2.5km run uphill 3 times a week. thats it. I timed myself today and did it in 24mins which i think is pretty shitty, iam going to try and improve over the next few months i want to be able to to it in 15mins or less, but after that run i feel shit and really down and i hate the physical sensations of working out, like out of breath feels to me like suffocating, sore muscles, heaving chest, light headed, blood pumping too much and i know i am going to struggle sticking with it.

So motivate me and give me encouragement and i can do the same for you.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Dont worry ive been false starting for 1 week even after i had made my plan, i would even get dressed ready to go, step outside then be like "nah not today" it took an incredible amount of willpower to just do it, but hopefully it will be easier now after the first time.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I remember one time I was determined to go running Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I just wanted to get a bit fitter and had no intention of making it a serious thing, but just wanted to get a bit of exercise.

I live in a hilly area but I thought I'd be fine. Found a less hilly area to start in. Yeh no. When I got home, I was so tired and out of breath and I didn't have any motivation to do it again.

I go to the gym now instead haha.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
You can eat whatever you wish, whenever you wish.

The rest of you however...
heheh thank you!!

now shall I start with hawww flakes?
chicken potato salad?
myself?

tlodg

HSC
N/A
lol nice name. u can be the female version of uhawww!

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
at the end of a workout i'm all energised and shit
my body is sore but i feel really good even though i'm wheezing like an old person (lolsmoking)

just think about the end result, eh

this is going to be so demotivating, but i've been eating healthy + working out for about 2 weeks now, and there hasn't been the slightest change to my body :(
oh well it's too soon. but yeh feeling good and stuff init

edit: forgot to quote about not being bothered to exercise again etc

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I know exactly what you mean re: two weeks haha.
I got a free personal trainer session when I signed up though and they took my measurements and calculated my body fat percentage etc. So despite my weight staying almost the same (which is fine anyway), I'm interested to see the difference when I get checked again. The only difference atm is that I can feel myself getting a little bit more stronger so I've upped my weights in increments and am going faster on the treadmill/longer on the bike etc.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Ive been meaning to increase my fitness level for a while because i live quite a sedentary life and i want to be fit and strong like i was a few years ago. A psych course i am taking now gives me the reason because part of it is designing and sticking with a fitness program.

I started my "program" today and it nearly killed me, all it is, is a 2.5km run uphill 3 times a week. thats it. I timed myself today and did it in 24mins which i think is pretty shitty, iam going to try and improve over the next few months i want to be able to to it in 15mins or less, but after that run i feel shit and really down and i hate the physical sensations of working out, like out of breath feels to me like suffocating, sore muscles, heaving chest, light headed, blood pumping too much and i know i am going to struggle sticking with it.

So motivate me and give me encouragement and i can do the same for you.
keep it up keep it up!! It'll get easier as you get fitter.

running is one of those things that kind of makes you want to kill yourself because it always seems like you have soooo far to go when it's really only a couple hundred metres and then you have to go back home again. So you get a nice sense of achievement from finishing.

I find it mentally easier to do gym classes because 1) it's in a confined space so visually you don't get that OMG I have to go all the way to X feeling 2) The instructor doesn't tolerate slacking so you have to stay the whole time and do it properly 3) Doing it in a group as opposed to running alone makes you feel like less of a retard in your unflattering gym-pants and makeup-less sweaty face 4) everyone else in the room looks just as bad as you and nobody cares 5) it's set to music so if you want to die you can distract yourself with whatever is playing

Drawbacks: mirrors (I stand at the back near the corner if I can lol), and if you manage to locate the clock you will always look at it and be depressed that you still have 20 minutes to go.

Can you tell I don't like exercise haha. But the feeling after is great.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
biking>running
its easier mentally and less wear on ankles/knees

HSC
Lol, I'm the exact opposite of you lot.

I'm trying to bulk up. I've been doing a powerlifting routine (Rippetoe) for two months now, I've managed to gain 5kg. It's hard to be motivated because I have to eat so much (I try to drink at least two litres of milk and half a kilo of meat a day), and eat the right foods which can be expensive and boring.

That and I hate ass-to-grass squats, psychologically they're hell.

My goal is to reach 90kg by the end of this year, and 100kg over the next few years. I'm now at 83.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i starting doing weights again at the end of last year, holidays after uni ended.

Getting started is the hard bit, but once i started i find that i feel really good at the end of a workout, so i look forward to my next one.
I love the feeling after doing a hectic workout, the swollen arms and chest, pounding blood, etc.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
holy shit i didnt notice that!

cannibal.horse that is not healthy, you wont get tanked by just eating meat and drinking milk. sure protein is good, but a variety is always essential, u need other vitamins to unlock the proteins in meat, for example i think vitamin c does that, so maybe an orange after having a meat sandwich and a meat shake and a meat ice cream will be good..

Lori.

HSC
cannibal.horse that is not healthy, you wont get tanked by just eating meat and drinking milk. sure protein is good, but a variety is always essential, u need other vitamins to unlock the proteins in meat, for example i think vitamin c does that, so maybe an orange after having a meat sandwich and a meat shake and a meat ice cream will be good..
no vitamin c aids in the absorption of iron, not protein.

But he's right, that much meat is not healthy at all. Recent research (citation needed lol) suggest you shouldnt have more than 1 - 2 servings of meat a week; it has been linked to higher risks of bowel cancer, etc., but most likely because that type of diet is usually low in fibre anyways.
What I suggest is you switch to soy products, like tofu if you can bear it, because soy contains all the essential amino acids as well as vitamins and fatty acids, and it is much easier to digest. So Good has some really decently flavoured soy products.

But on the other hand, I really think you should reconsider bulking up that much; 100kgs is far too heavy for anyone, whether thats fat or muscle mass you're schlepping around. One can be strong without being all massive and bulky.

Again, do body pump, people :)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
no vitamin c aids in the absorption of iron, not protein.

But he's right, that much meat is not healthy at all. Recent research (citation needed lol) suggest you shouldnt have more than 1 - 2 servings of meat a week; it has been linked to higher risks of bowel cancer, etc., but most likely because that type of diet is usually low in fibre anyways.
What I suggest is you switch to soy products, like tofu if you can bear it, because soy contains all the essential amino acids as well as vitamins and fatty acids, and it is much easier to digest. So Good has some really decently flavoured soy products.

But on the other hand, I really think you should reconsider bulking up that much; 100kgs is far too heavy for anyone, whether thats fat or muscle mass you're schlepping around. One can be strong without being all massive and bulky.

Again, do body pump, people :)
ah yes, iron, protein, same diff.

and whats this body pump ive been hearing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)